cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my other number is not working

MANDEEP123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my other number account is not open and I also change the password but it is not opening.

20 REPLIES 20

MANDEEP123

Hey there everyone thanks for all your help turns out that I used a different email and that’s why I wasn’t able to access the account. 

@HALIMACS @esjliv 

Aha....now that make sense! thx

@HALIMACS wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@MANDEEP123 wrote:

my other number account is not open and I also change the password but it is not opening.

@MANDEEP123 when having more that one account it is important to use different browsers or clearing your device's/browser's cache.

Try a tab in incognito mode for your 2nd account.

@esjliv 

I don't understand what you mean by this statement?

Hi @darlicious 

I'll let @esjliv confirm, however I believe they are implying that in order to view/manage 2 separate Public Mobile self-serve accounts simultaneously on the same device (i.e. having both accounts displaying in active sessions), that you need to use incognito to view the 2nd one or use a completely different browser to view it.

I know I've been unable to view/manage 2 separate accounts simultaneously by simply opening a new tab.

Could that be the intent?   Perhaps @esjliv meant to write it as?

"when having more that than one account open it is important to use different browsers or clearing your device's/browser's cache."

@darlicious 

@HALIMACS yup, that was my intended meaning exactly - you got it!  😁

Hence, the whole purpose of clearing caches/cookies on the same device or browser.

Sometimes it seems obvious (in my own head) that it would seem clear to others. But, of course, can be understood (or misunderstood) differently.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@MANDEEP123 wrote:

@MANDEEP123 when having more that one account it is important to use different browsers or clearing your device's/browser's cache.

@esjliv 

Hi @darlicious 

I'll let @esjliv confirm, however I believe they are implying that in order to view/manage 2 separate Public Mobile self-serve accounts simultaneously on the same device (i.e. having both accounts displaying in active sessions), that you need to use incognito to view the 2nd one or use a completely different browser to view it.

I know I've been unable to view/manage 2 separate accounts simultaneously by simply opening a new tab.

Could that be the intent?   Perhaps @esjliv meant to write it as?

"when having more that than one account open it is important to use different browsers or clearing your device's/browser's cache."

@MANDEEP123 

Is there any chance you created two accounts with the same email address?

@esjliv wrote:

@MANDEEP123 wrote:

@esjliv 

@esjliv wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

Thanks @esjliv  for combining my recent responses into one neat and tidy reply with pretty pictures!!!

@HALIMACS You're welcome. 🙂

And, I can sense the passive aggressiveness in that...or was that sarcasm? Or both? 🤔

Are we going to call these things out now? I have not made a habit of it, as that would take too much time. 🤣

@esjliv   Can't a user comment on pretty pictures without comment of purpose or intent?  Guess not...  ok, ok, i concede the pictures weren't really that pretty.   🙄

I make no assertions whatsoever - i'll leave that to others who like to occupy themselves in doing so.   

I do, however, feel it's important to read through prior responses which perhaps some of us (not pointing to anyone in particular) should perhaps do more of.   

@MANDEEP123  did Mod confirm what is the exact email address they see on file?

any chance you had used an email alias to create the account?

I guess if they insist the email is invalid, can you change to another email address for you (of course, you need to have a second email address to use)

MANDEEP123

I am currently talking with the moderators and also I can’t login into my account even after I change the password.  The moderator said the email is invalid but I’m still getting the email to reset the password 

@HALIMACS wrote:

Thanks @esjliv  for combining my recent responses into one neat and tidy reply with pretty pictures!!!

@HALIMACS You're welcome. 🙂

And, I can sense the passive aggressiveness in that...or was that sarcasm? Or both? 🤔

Are we going to call these things out now? I have not made a habit of it, as that would take too much time. 🤣

@MANDEEP123 wrote:

My card expired at the end of April 

@MANDEEP123 okay, so your account has been suspended since the end of April due to an expired credit card?

If you have never registered for a Self Serve account, you can do that here: 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you are locked out of your Self Serve account, reset your password here:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

If you are having difficulty resetting your password (ensure you are trying different browser's to do so), the contact the Moderators to help you get back into your Self Serve account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Once in your Self Serve account change or update your credit card details found under the PAYMENT TAB, and see bottom, left corner:

esjliv_0-1617792002121.png

@MANDEEP123 

If you need assistance resetting or accessing the other account (i.e. forgot password and/or username), contact the Moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Hi @MANDEEP123 

When updating credit card info through the self-serve function, make sure to do the following to avoid the common glitches that sometimes occur with this process:

1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies
  2. Use incognito mode
  3. Select "Manage My Card"
  4. Select "replace card"
  5. Type your address exactly as from your billing statement
  6.  Don't use a space in the postal code
  7.  Use ALL CAPS if necessary
  8.  Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields

MANDEEP123

My card expired at the end of April 

MANDEEP123

I have 2 separate accounts and 2 separate numbers 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MANDEEP123 wrote:

@MANDEEP123  a little unclear with what is going on....is this a new or old account?

You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MANDEEP123 wrote:

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@MANDEEP123   What yo meat by your other number account?  do you have more than 1 line with Public Mobile?  And you are unable to logon Self-Serve for the 2nd account?

PM allows one email logon to be tied with one number.  Do you remember the 2nd email address you used to logon the 2nd account?

[Email address was wrong ... Luddite]

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Please give more details. 

Need Help? Let's chat.