cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my eSim activation failed

KatNoelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my eSim activation failed -- how can I finish setting up services?

6 REPLIES 6

KatNoelle

Yes, it would spin for a second then throw up an error saying to try again or contact your carrier. I ended up going to a Telus store and just buying a physical sim and was eventually able to set it up that way. 

@KatNoelle 

Did you try scanning the QR code that PM emailed your after you have been charged for the subscription?

KatNoelle

There are no SIMs installed, I also removed the physical sim from my prior carrier. The eSIM isn't installed at all

@KatNoelle 

check if you have another eSIm installed,  Disable all other eSIM that is not PM's

and On iPhone, "Turn on This Line" under Settings->Cellular).

Again, if nothing work, please message support for help

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

KatNoelle

I tried to activate through the app. The activation failed and now when I scan the QR it just says unable to activate new sim, and to try again or contact the carrier

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KatNoelle was it about eSIM failed to install?

, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or remove the physical sim.  
And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled (On iPhone, "Turn on This Line" under Settings->Cellular).
Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.