cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my data usage showing on my account is not correct

fangfang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have 1G data plan but the data usage on my account always shows "1024MB used", even it is just the first in a new bill cycle. What's the problem there? 

15 REPLIES 15

dojun8491
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeaaaaah! this is exactly right! YOU need to MANUALLY click the update button for fun lol then will get the correct information!

fangfang

Hi folks, 

I refresh a few times now the number looks seem correct. Thanks for your support!

Go into the usage details and add up all the data items, megs used since your last renewal. There may not be recent entries for the last 12 - 24 hours but you should be able to get close. Then if you have an Android then you could set the phone counter back to your renewal day and see if it's in the ballpark.

fangfang

The thing is that I opened a different browser, it shows a wrong usage number, say, just 25MB which is not possible at all.

Any luck with these? There's one over under the add-on list. Or maybe way down on a mobile browser.

dust2dust_0-1658589747402.png

fangfang

I did use Incognito mode and checked again and again....

@fangfang   One thing you don't need to worry about is overage since PM is prepaid.  So if you use up all your data, then you just won't be able to use anymore until your plan renews or you opt to purchase add-on data to tide you over until next renewal. 

Add-on data while expensive at $15/1GB is good to have as insurance for the times you might need a little extra after using up what's available in your plan's cycle as it doesn't expire.  So anything remaining will keep rolling over every month until depleted.

@fangfang- There is no overage here. (adding - like I said) I prefer the little spinner refresh icons lower down. They seem to update things nicely. Click all of them if you need to.

@fangfang did you try to use Incognito mode to check the usage again?  It looks like the issue is not fixed yet and you might have to keep using Incognito mode for now when you are accessing My Account.   Yes, it is not convenience,  but this is the only workaround at the moment 

fangfang

Today I found that my data usage was totally wrong again, even I use the solutions the guys answered before. I agree with you It's very hard to trust what you see about the usage. My phone data statistics show I have almost used up the 1G data for this bill cycle, which I think correct, however the usage shown in my account is just 25 MB, unbelievable! 

What's wrong there, I don't wanna be charged a huge amount of exceeded data usage. 😞

@Meow- Are you sure? The data refreshing of the new site is terrible. Browser refresh doesn't do it. The little spinner below the plan and add-on areas do seem to do a better update. It's very hit and miss. It makes it very difficult to trust what you see. We see the complaints from people about plan changes and data and minutes usage. It's en extremely poor implementation.

fangfang

Thanks, solved.

fangfang

That's true, thanks!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Refresh page few times. Use different browser. Clear cache. Use incognito/private mode.

How come I NEVER have such problem...?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fangfang   it could be just a browser cache issue

Try to access My Account using Incognito mode, or a completely different bowser, Edge/Firefox/Chrome and you should get the updated info

Need Help? Let's chat.