cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile number transfer

nunu_bire
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd want to switch from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile while retaining my current phone number; is this doable on your end?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nunu_bire 

Yes it is do able, just remember to keep your Freedom account active and leave the Freedom SIM in your phone and wait for the text to confirm you are porting over to PM with your old number...there is a 90 minute window for you to replay to the text or else it gets spicy.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Both accounts have to be active in order to transfer (port) your Freedom number to PM.

That means you have to first get PM SIM, open self-service account, activate SIM, pay for chosen Plan and I strongly suggest pick any suitable number in your preferred area code.

Then, after your PM service is running as expected in a few days, initiate porting of your number to PM.

We will provide details how to do that, not to burden you right now. It is very straight forward...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sure, there are 4 main steps to follow you can find on the website. Mainly, as mentioned, make sure your freedom account is in good standing and keep you freedom sim in your phone for porting text 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Yes. You are able to keep your old Freedom number when porting over to Public mobile.

Here is some more informatoin:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Note: your Freedom mobile account needs to be active for a port to be successful.

Need Help? Let's chat.