cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms not working

pwar44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It looks like I will need to upgrade my phone to get mms to function again. I changed the apn settings to the recommended, but that didn't work. I'm looking at a couple of phones, such as the Samsung a15 or the Samsung a32. I need to know if either of these phones will work on the network giving me access to mms again.

11 REPLIES 11

Sudso

Screenshot_2024-03-12-20-24-39-64_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

 I suppose all phones are different. I had to delete the profiles from within the profiles themselves. I've shared a screenshot so you can see what my button looks like. Can you boot your phone into recovery mode, and do you have an option to delete your data cache? Just a shot in the dark I suppose.

pwar44

I tried this numerous times. Not working. I'm wondering if the phone won't switch over to the new APN and is always connecting to the old APN settings even though I have selected the new APN and rebooted my phone.

jhhead

You should be able to choose to add a new APN setting. Then make sure to save profile. And then on the screenshot I put ensure the new profile you made is selected. Then reboot the phone. 

1000009567.png

pwar44

I'm not able to delete the default APN profile. The only other thing to possibly try is to reset the wi-fi, mobile and bluetooth settings under the settings menu. Not sure if this will mess up anything for me or not.

pwar44

Thanks for the response. I looked at my settings and the APN protocol was already IPv4. This is not working for me.

jhhead

@pwar44 

My wife has a Pixel 4a and it worked properly for RCS however any iPhone MMS or group messages would not download for the past couple weeks. 

Tried all the troubleshooting and savings settings many times.

I JUST got it to work and it was such a simple change.... 

APN protocol changed to IPv4

(when it was set for IPv4/IPv6 it didn't work)

Try changing that in your manually added APN settings - if it works then it might save you from being forced to buy a new phone 😀

Here is the full list of the adjusted settings:

Public Mobile APN settings for Google Pixel 4a - Canada APN settings - APN.how
Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access
Point Names 
Press Add on right top corner. If your phone has already set values for Mobile Internet for any fields below leave them.
Change the other fields as below.
Name: Public Mobile (or whatever you want to call it)
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
Multimedia message proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
Multimedia message port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type:
APN type:  default,mms,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Restart your phone to apply new Mobile Internet APN settings.

Sudso

I was told by a technician when mms/ group texting stopped working and after doing some troubleshooting, that I would also need to get a new phone as my phone was no longer compatible with the PM network. 

In troubleshooting, we'd done a bunch of things. I changed the apn with the updated settings, I deleted the old apn profiles and created whole new ones. Took the sim card in and out. Powered the phone off and on again. None of these things would work and the assumption was that the old settings were still being used despite everything I did to change them.

Strangely, what ended up working for me was to delete all the apn profiles that were available and after some time a telus apn profile popped up. I looked at that apn and everything was how it should be except for which network the apn was pointing to. So I switched that setting to sp.mb.com and bing bang boom my phone was once again compatible with the PM network.

Maybe you don't need a new phone?

pwar44

I couldn't make any changes to the default apn settings, so I added a new apn and adjusted to the two changes you referenced. It did not work for me. My phone is running on android 8.1.  It's a motorola moto g5 and operating on the LTE frequency.

BruiserSAR

BruiserSAR_0-1710267677108.png

Did you change these 2 settings to match this? That's all that I had to do to all 4 phones in my family.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pwar44 

yes, they would work,, and better to get the Canadian version from Canada

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pwar44  Yes both of those phones will work fine 

Need Help? Let's chat.