cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mbna Rewards World Elite Mastercard payment

Helen_C
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I use Mbna Rewards World Elite Mastercard pay my phone bill. it should have 5 time point rewards for any phone bill.

But my public mobile monthly payment only get 1 time point reward. they said the reason is public mobile catalog themselves as "phone device" code "4812"(MasterCard define the code catalog and merchant select from it). they should change their catalog as "phone service" 4814.

Any suggestion of this?

Thanks

Helen

37 REPLIES 37

Helen_C

sure, I will.

HI @Helen_C 

please come back and let us know.  If you make the difference, many will come back and thanks you a lot !!!

Helen_C

thank you, I will submit a case.

HI @Helen_C 

many asked that before and didn't get PM to change anything and make that works.

Since you know the exact reason why it is not qualify (about the code they used 4812 vs 4814), maybe Community manager @J_PM  can help to escalate?

or maybe submit a ticket with CS agent and ask the to check with billing departement.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Helen_C

I already setup pre-authorized payment. I was told the reason is Public Mobile catalog themselves as "phone device" code "4812" in MasterCard System, which is not qualify for mbna Rewards World Elite Mastercard 5 times rewards. It should be "phone service", the code is "4814" in Mastercard System to qualify for 5 times rewards.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Helen_C  Sorry PM is not considered pre authorized payments I think it has to do with PM being 30 days cycle and not monthly like a traditional pre authorized payments typically are . And so no rewards earned on using your credit card with PM like Koodo or Telus does which is monthly service same date  every month 

adding I wonder thou if one where to buy payment vouchers with credit card and load them each month *611 if you would then get  the rewards in credit card for that purchase . Might be worth testing to find out 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @Helen_C 

for those rewards, you need a pre-authorized payment that is recurring

for some reason, PM's transaction does not count as that.  It has something to do with pull or push transaction. 

From what I know, PM's autopay is not true pre-authorized payment.  PM just store the credit card number and send a transaction from its system every 30 days as a net new request.  PM does not notified/setup with  credit card ahead as a pre-authorized recurring payment like regular pre-authorized payment and hence does not count

Many asked that before and confirm PM's payment not eligible for rewards of those kind

Need Help? Let's chat.