cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

magicJack + 437 area code = No call connection

x4n2t0x
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I just signed up with a 437 area code but now my mother, who uses the dreaded magicJack, cannot call me. I know this is a majicJack issue but I was wondering is someone else has already encountered, and hopefully resolved, this problem. It doesn't seem like the 437 area code is registered with the (not so)magicJack and she just gets "the call cannot be completed as dialed" message.

5 REPLIES 5

x4n2t0x

Thanks so much for all your help!

@x4n2t0x 

yes, with my ported in before,  Fongo customers cannot call me on the first days.  The it works the following day

So, wait at max 3 days and issue should resolve itself

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @x4n2t0x 

Just wondering. Try this link and see what it says.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

This will tell you if you can port the number over. At least we can mark this off the list.

x4n2t0x

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

Just so I'm clear, the problem will just self correct? Because all my previous numbers that had 416 & 647 area codes worked for her immediately. This is the first number that hasn't worked, which led me to believe that the issues was area code related and not number specific.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@x4n2t0x 

it is likely normal for now

for VoIP provider like MagicJack or Fongo, it takes them 1 to 3 business days to route calls correctly for new account.  It is more a problem on the VoIP end that they update the phone numbers slower than bigger carriers.  So, wait another 2 or 3 days and all calls should be ok

Need Help? Let's chat.