cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mad

ruthamanda99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sin card  says blocked,  I went to Walmart to buy a new SIM card.   Now I have two  accounts  two  numbers  i asked  the worker  if I can have the same phone number he said no . I yelled  how  do I transfer  the 50$ dollars in the account with the broken sin card  to the new sin card  I just payed    40  dollars for im mad i can't  get a hold of anyone at public mobile  

6 REPLIES 6

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ruthamanda99 

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Walmart doesn't always have the best reputation. Try and come to the Community first they're very helpful and you can avoid things like this happening to you.

Unfortunately the mistake was......you went to Walmart🥴

See if a moderator can move the working Sim Card to your account with $50. I hope so. 

@ruthamanda99 

I'm sorry your customer service at Wal-Mart was subpar. This stems from walmarts mobility department being obsessed with selling public mobile sim cards with activations rather than the card on its own. I wasnt privy to your conversation with the walmart employee so you must review your conversation to see who was mistaken in the action that needed to be taken to fix your original issue.....the need to replace your sim card. If you feel you explained that you already had an active account and just needed to replace your sim card and the employee convinced you to have them "fix" it for you then you can seek redress from them.

Contact the moderators and explain your situation. While they are not obligated to do so (or it may not be possible) if you can arrange for a credit equal to what was paid to Wal-Mart ( minus the sim card) to be "transferred" from the new account and cancel that activation (and the commission to walmart) and you arrange with walmart to replace the sim card for free with you replacing/entering the new sim card number in your account. This will require some diligence on your part to speak with gm of that Wal-Mart retail location and come to a resolution with the moderators that's workable.

There is equal responsibility for this miscommunication on all sides...yours for not understanding how customer service works with public mobile. (Had you come to the community first you would have learned what to do to fix the issue.) Wal-Mart's mobility department for their unofficial policy on activation only sales of sim cards and poorly trained employees that are activation/sales only oriented and public mobile for continuing to allow Wal-Mart to have employees whose service skills are blinded by commissions rather than service resulting in too many blunders that cost pm customers unnecessary money, time and stress.

Keep these points in mind when you negotiate a resolution with Wal-Mart and the public mobile moderators. Good luck but with persistence you should be able to get your money credited back to you in some manner.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ruthamanda99  Just purchase another sim card and go into your selfserve account on the original account select the change sim card option located just under the profile info. Enter the new sim card number insert the sim card in your device and you should be good to go.

As for the second account see if you can sell it or give it to a friend or relative that is looking for a new plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ruthamanda99 the mistake was in activating the SIM card to a new account.  You needed to just purchase the card (without activation), and then sign into your self-serve account and change the SIM card number on your existing account.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ruthamanda99 wrote:

My sin card  says blocked,  I went to Walmart to buy a new SIM card.   Now I have two  accounts  two  numbers  i asked  the worker  if I can have the same phone number he said no . I yelled  how  do I transfer  the 50$ dollars in the account with the broken sin card  to the new sin card  I just payed    40  dollars for im mad i can't  get a hold of anyone at public mobile  

You and the salesperson mistakenly opened another account. Phone numbers can't be transferred from one account to another.  You can try talking to the moderators by opening a ticket going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .

Need Help? Let's chat.