cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low data alert

bot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking to get data alerts when I've used 50 and 90% of my data. Koodo automatically texted me, is it already set up with pm or is there any way to set it up?

13 REPLIES 13

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@bot wrote:

Thanks, i did type those exact words into the search bar but it ddnt bring up anything for me . ihave slow home internet so maybe thats why??🤔

oh boo! no worries,  I wasn't scolding just if you didn't know letting you know 🙂

bot

Thanks, i did type those exact words into the search bar but it ddnt bring up anything for me . ihave slow home internet so maybe thats why??🤔

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@bot wrote:

I'm looking to get data alerts when I've used 50 and 90% of my data. Koodo automatically texted me, is it already set up with pm or is there any way to set it up?

nice name BOT, lol

If you type in the search bar on the help page  "LOW DATA ALERT"

This is what it will say, Any questions in the future you can ask the community but sometimes they will just give you verbatim exactly what the help page will direct you to. 🙂 Not that anyone here wouldn't want to answer a question like this, but you might find it much faster to start at the help page 🙂 

Have a GREAT day!

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

2. Data Usage Notifications

We send you a text message when you've used 75% and 95% of the data included in your plan. If you try to use something that requires data when you’ve reached your data limit, you will be directed to Self-Serve. Once signed into Self-Serve, you can review your usage and, if you’d like to continue to have access to data, you can purchase a data Add-On here too.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 6.29.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 6.29.12 PM.png

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You do get SMS notifications from 611 system at 75% and 95% thresholds.

But you don't really get a notification at 100%. You just get no more data. All user attempts to access data are forced redirects to PM's "you used all your data" webpage.

MMS attachs still work even after plan data provision is all consumed.

The 75%/95% warnings are often broken when you have data add-ons attached to your account. They seem to report at random/wrong times or just fail to send completely.

Numbers reported on your Self-Serve login are the only ones which matter (network-side data which you've paid for) if there's any discrepancies vs the SMS notofications or vs your device-side usage tracking software.

bot

perfect, thanks!!

@bot   Data warnings go out counting all your data including add ons. So you can easily use all your plan data and the vast majority of your add ons before you get a warning. It's best to set your phone's data warnings and limits to stay on top of your data usage rather than get a nasty surprise of all your data being almost depleted.

@bot  there's a problem with the low data notifications if you have a data add on, the notification includes this. You will only get the 75 and 95% notifications when all the data including the add on is 75% or 95% used up.

Set your data usage app in your phone, so that it ends on your plan renewal date(change this every renewal date). And set a 75 and 95% warning and a hard limit on 100% of your plan data. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to know!

Devices measure by the month but should still be pretty close. In my case my phone measures more than my account, I think because picture texts use data but not against your data usage (which on the surface sounds so incredibly backwards lol)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bot , if you use an android phone, install data witness app.  It tracks usage on a 30 day cycle.  It was developed by a Public Mobile customer.  You can set warning levels.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bot  Alerts go out at 75% and 95%

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

“Public Mobile will notify you via text message when you're close to using all of the data included in your rate plan.  Data notifications indicate how much of your included plan data you have used, so you know when you’re approaching your limit. The default data notifications are set at 75%, 95% and 100% consumption of your data allotments.

Find out more about data notifications on our Community!”

Managing data usage...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-data-usage/ta-p/152760

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM sends you a text message when you've used 75% and 95% of the data included in your plan

@bot wrote:

Public Mobile already sends text messages about this at 75% and 95% of usage. You can have your phone notify you after a preset amount of data usage, but most phone software is basing the usage on the past month's of usage instead of 30 days which most Publlic Mobile plans are in length.

Need Help? Let's chat.