cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost number porting

dmss1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My 647-###-#### number was replaced with 437-###-#### without my request as they were having problems porting my number for two weeks
Through Public Mobile Refer-a-Friend Reward program, I signed up with Public Mobile where both my phone and my referral's phone were credited.
I then referred the rest of my family's phones where my phone and their phones were then also credited through the Public Mobile referral program.
My phone was not ported properly and I've now lost my number without consent.
They are blaming my last provider and not admitting fault when my PM acct was active with my 647# for 13 days with outgoing calls only..  They still won'y accept fault..Because of my business, I am still hoping to get back my #.  Any advice?
13 REPLIES 13

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@cal800, could you provide a bit more information such as whether you have a stuck port? This may help the community members provide a working solution.

Thank you.

cal800

Mary please help me as well. I left a message with the moderators last week and my port is still stuck 😞

Please cancel my port request and issue me ANY new number. I don't care I just want working service.

Afamouswolf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the opposite problem. I took advantage of the offer to port my Public Mobile phone number to Koodo but my number did not port over to Koodo. I'm stuck with some random phone number. The agent at store says I need to provide my account number but I no longer have that information because I cannot access my self service portal.  I need help to get my number back . Thanks .

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @dmss1,

thank you for taking the time to express your concern regarding a recent port request that was submitted. 

I just wanted to clarify the situation with you as we did try our best to get your number ported. When Public Mobile requests to have a number ported from another provider, it is the OSP (old service provider) that decides whether or not to release the number.  We did everything correctly on our end; the port was submitted and we requested to have the number transferred, but Freedom refused it stating that the number is not active on their end. This, consequently, leads to a failed port - although the number is assigned to your account, it does not belong to us.

The only thing that we can do is ask you to have your OSP reactivate the number - we could then resubmit a new port request. As this has not been possible, we had to cancel the request and assign a new number to your account. This would allow you to fully use your services, rather than just being able to make outgoing calls.

Rest assured that we want to help - and the number will need to be reactivated with Freedom in order to be transferred over. 

I've also replied to your private message, kindly view it when you get the chance.

I hope this makes more sense,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@dmss1 wrote:

Both Freedom mobile and Public Mobile confirms that the number is gone.  So life goes on..  It is very upsetting for the consumer who followed all instruction to get things right because of the many years the number was assigned to my business.. Yet the mobile companies don't take responsibility and I am given the impression that I am over-reacting.

If your were just using your number over at Freedom in the past few weeks, both companies are full of it when they say your number is "gone".    Were you still using your Freedom Mobile service 2 weeks with that phone number?  And was it active when you made the request to transfer it to Public Mobile?  If you cancelled your Freedom service by request, you would just need to contact Freedom Mobile reactivate your old service.  

Either one company (Freedom or Public) has the number right now.  It doesn't just vanish.  It's quite possible neither carrier has the phone number assigned to an active service, but carriers do not assign phone numbers to new customers immediatley after cancellation.  So even if the phone number and service was somehow accidently cancelled, it would still be available to you.  You just have to speak to right person to get this fixed.  Your number is definitely retrievalbe.  The only way I can see your phone number really being "gone" would be if you cancelled your Freedom Mobile service 90 days or so ago.  There is a period of phone number "aging" that numbers go through before they get reused.

Degus222
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Now I am scared to port my number over haha. Try calling the number and see who has it now? If noone has it you can still get it back. If someone has it offer them some cash maybe and explain th situation and port it over agian? See if PM will credit you the money it costs you?

rmdun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, follow this link it will allow you to send a private message to the moderators. Private Message Link Hope this helps 🙂

dmss1

Thanks.. I still don't understand this system with multiple threads and Mods..I really don't know how to navigate through this or how to speak to Mods...  I am an old man who is not technically inclined here and was seeking as much help or any response..  But thank you for your feedback

dmss1

Both Freedom mobile and Public Mobile confirms that the number is gone.  So life goes on..  It is very upsetting for the consumer who followed all instruction to get things right because of the many years the number was assigned to my business.. Yet the mobile companies don't take responsibility and I am given the impression that I am over-reacting.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dmss1, relax your number is not lost.  If your old service is dead, it's very likely the number is with Public Mobile. If the old service is still running, the number is definitely at the old provider.  Back in the day when number porting was initially allowed, I "lost" a number for two weeks.  Persistence and working with customer service yielded success.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you have been chatting with mods,  and they are the only ones who can really help you out.   has your old account been closed? does the old sim still work?  all  can do do is a request them to do things with your account.  could they have simply cancelled the port and thats why your number was changed.

you could try contacting your old provider or the orriginal provider of the number to see if you can get it back.

@dmss1 wrote:
My 647-###-#### number was replaced with 437-###-#### without my request as they were having problems porting my number for two weeks
Through Public Mobile Refer-a-Friend Reward program, I signed up with Public Mobile where both my phone and my referral's phone were credited.
I then referred the rest of my family's phones where my phone and their phones were then also credited through the Public Mobile referral program.
They are blaming my last provider and not admitting fault when my PM acct was active with my 647# for 13 days with outgoing calls only..  They still won't accept fault..Because of my business, I am still hoping to get back my 647 #...  Any advice?

Keep on the mods and see what they can do. My best advice though is to not keep starting multiple threads.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dmss1
They are blaming my last provider and not admitting fault when my PM acct was active with my 647# for 13 days with outgoing calls only..  They still won't accept fault..Because of my business, I am still hoping to get back my 647 #...  Any advice?
Need Help? Let's chat.