cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my phone

Sunshinewei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my new subscription plan started April 19; I lost my phone on April 18. Attempted to change the plan but unable to sign in my account. Now the new plan started from April 19-may 19. Just get log in found out those days the usage has been used a lot and has phone calls out going. I felt my iPhone with my sim and this plan was stolen by others.

What's the best way to hold my plan but not lost my loyalty rewards? I have VIVO phone, can I apply e-SIM to this phone? Or How to transfer the info to my current phone number and fido plan? And how do I register my lost iphone ?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

@Sunshinewei wrote:

thanks, is Vivo Phone support public mobile?

This brand of phone should usually work on Public Mobile assuming that it's one of the models intended for use within in Canada, but I wouldn't expect VoLTE  do to Public Mobile only allowing specific devices to use that part of the service.

Sunshinewei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks, is Vivo Phone support public mobile?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sunshinewei 

Order a new sim card but not to "activate" the sim, instead, you want to link your sim card to your existing account so you can keep the phone number.  Or you can use eSIM if your new phone supports 

If you have not done so, you might want to first supsend your service first until you got a replacement sim card:

Login to My Account,  go to Profile page,  click Report Lost/Stolen Phone and click Put my service on hold 
(or use this direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/lost-or-stolen-phone)

If you are unable to login as you don't have a phone to receive the 2FA code: On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

Then get a Public Mobile sim card from

Once you got the sim card, go to My Account to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet might not work for some accounts, you might want to use make a change sim card request on a desktop or laptop computer )

(If you are unable to login as you don't have a phone to receive the 2FA code: On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email) 

After you logged in, unsuspend first if you have suspended your service earlier.

Then go to Profile page, click on the Pencil besides the sim card number, follow the steps to enter the new sim card number and complete the change sim card request
(or direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number  ) 
After the sim card is updated, wait 5 mins, then reboot your phone and it should be good

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sunshinewei 

Login to your self serve account.

To get the 2FA code, tap "didn't get the code?" , and you will be able to get the code sent to your email as opposed to the device. 

Once you are in your account, under your profile/ manage subscription area you can set the device as lost/stolen. 

At this point, using the public mobile app, you can purchase a new e-sim and register it to the new device.

Whatever you do, don't activate it as a new account, but use the "change SIM" feature within your existing self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.