cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance International

Kirchy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i called the 611 number to make a long distance call to Europe.   how can I see if they charged me by the minute or the 15$ pacakge for 300 minutes.   

9 REPLIES 9

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Kirchy You can't make a long distance call without a long distance add-on. This is a prepaid service, so no surprise bills. And I'm not clear what 611 has to do with this.

You must already have a long distance add-on on your account. If you didn't purchase one, it's possible you have a free 500 minute bundle if you replied to the free text offer last Christmas. Best to login to your account to see what add-on's you have.

@Kirchy wrote:

thanks for responding.  I already made the call.  i called Germany.  i want to see what I was charged to my account before I make  another call.  it only shows my subscription package.   

Log in to your account / Overview ..look right to see the add-on dashboard...you should see your LD add-on there and minutes used/available.

usage.png

@Kirchy wrote:

i did not choose the add on.  i went to subscriptions, history and no sign of the long distance call I made or a fee

@Kirchy So you made a call to Europe without buying an add on? Did you receive an add on bonus of LD mintes sometime in the past (Christmas maybe)? It would be under add ons unless you used all the minutes, then it disappears. Nothing showing under you call usage? I don't see how you could make the call otherwise. Do you routinely call Europe? If so and there is no add on showing in your account, count your blessings. You don't get charged after the fact here, it's all pre paid.

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 11.08.29 AM.png

@Kirchy   This is just a guess but perhaps it doesn't show in your account immediately, but you shouldn't have been able to make the call without the add-on, maybe you got lucky!

Kirchy

thanks for responding.  I already made the call.  i called Germany.  i want to see what I was charged to my account before I make  another call.  it only shows my subscription package.   

Kirchy

i did not choose the add on.  i went to subscriptions, history and no sign of the long distance call I made or a fee

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kirchy   You should have to buy the $15 package to make the call, PM doesn't charge your account by the minute when you make a call, if that's what you are asking.  You would buy the add-on and then the number of minutes you use would be deducted until you've used all 300.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kirchy 

to get a long disttance add-on you have to go in to your account Overview / look right and find Shop Add-ons / Click on Minutes...then find the add-on you want. PM only has calls to limited number of countries...where you want to call ?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Kirchy wrote:

i called the 611 number to make a long distance call to Europe.   how can I see if they charged me by the minute or the 15$ pacakge for 300 minutes.   

@Kirchy So you bought the long distance add on and then made your call to Europe? You need to buy a LD add on before you can make a long distance call. I'm guessing you were charged the $15. To see your usage of those minutes go into your account and look under Subscription & Add ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.