cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

london ontario area service problem

kaneyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my and my friend's phone just can call out but can't call in, if restart phone first calls fine but after the same problem.

tested 5 phones using public mobile in London Ontario 

61 REPLIES 61

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you first experience any calling issues, one should change the phone settings to 3G. 

@Brisby1 

As mentioned by @Nezgar  when you have time you can still test your sim card in your wife's phone but aside from that maybe if you tell us your general location we will find you a local retailer to buy a new sim card since that looks like your best option at the moment. And you are more than welcome!

@Brisby1 Phones locked to Telus, Koodo, and Public Mobile are usable with SIMs from all three of those brands, since they are really all Telus under the hood.

Brisby1

@darlicious sorry, we arrived where we were going so i got put to work and couldnt keep trying. Unfortunately my wife has an iphone locked to koodo so I cant try it on hers. Ill try the new sim tomorrow. Thanks so much for all your help

@kaneyu 

GSM = 2G

WCDMA / HSPA = 3G

kaneyu

gsm for 3g. LTE for 4g

@Anonymous 

Lol....we all have those days....?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : You. Are. Right. - Edited. 🙂 My knee jerked reading about needing a new SIM.

@Anonymous 

Geez....maybe you should read the whole thread so your not repeating posted suggestions? Lol!😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Sure. Fair enough. I get impatient reading about needing a new SIM. 

@Brisby1  : And what about any data saving settings on the phone? Maybe the max setting has been passed and the phone stops you from using cell data. Or the app permission stopping you from using data.

@Anonymous 

I don't see why the $1 top up or the lost/stolen trick would work now after the CSA has already tried an account reset and sim card reprovisioning on their side unless you are aware of something else?🤔

@Brisby1 

As @Nezgar  and @Anonymous have suggested it never hurts to be thorough....test your sim card in your wife's phone to see if you can use your data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brisby1 : Please post a screenshot of your overview page. Also, if an Android, screenshots of your APN settings.

I don't like this business of a SIM allegedly failing. You shouldn't need a new SIM. Try it in another phone.

Try the manual dollar payment. Try the Lost/stolen function.

Changing to 3G/WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA shouldn't affect data. It's usable in 3G and 4G.

I'd still test the SIM in another phone first before buying a replacement one...

Maybe any mobile shop has a handset they'd let you test your SIM in briefly...

@Brisby1 

There are about 30 listings in the London area also including WOW mobile, Mobile Klinik, Cellular point among many other small independent businesses. Once you buy the new sim card just perform a sim swap in your account by choosing the "change sim card" feature. Best of luck.

Check store locator and call ahead to confirm that they are willing to sell the sim alone to avoid disappointment 

@Brisby1 

Wal-Mart can sometimes give you grief if you don't let them activate the sim card ( which you don't want). If so tell them you are replacing a faulty card. If you are in the London area there are other retailers....TMS at Loblaws and Superstore locations. Husky and some Shell stations sell them. You can use the store locator at the bottom of your screen for other locations. Avoid koodo stores as they often charge a premium on top of the MSRP of $10.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brisby1 

try to test your SIM card in another device to you know from where the issue from device or SIM card.

and if you need a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or any gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

Brisby1

The CSA says Walmart carries them so I guess I’ll go there and get one when I have a chance. This all arose cause I’m out of town and trying to use the phone’s map. Had to use my wife’s phone to come on here and post. I really appreciate your help. It’s just too bad it seems like I won’t be able to get it fixed til I can get to a store and buy a new sim

@Brisby1 

SIM cards can begin to fail with it affecting one or more services. Confirm with the CSA that they  will credit your account the cost of the sim card when you submit the reciept. Do you have a local retailer that you can purchase a sim card from?

Brisby1

@darlicious the CSA says they have done that and it still isn’t working. They say I will have to buy a new SIM card. I don’t understand though as it worked until now

@Brisby1 

Yes that can happen after renewal sometimes. An account reset or reprovisioning will fix the issue. Adding a $1 manual top payment to your account may fix it as well for future reference.

Brisby1

@darlicious yes I think it did. I sent a message saying that you recommended I ask that.waiting on their response

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you first experience any calling issues, one should change the phone settings to 3G/WCDMA. 

@Brisby1 

Since data should work on both networks that does suggest an account or sim card issue. Ask the CSA to reset your account and reprovision your sim card. Did the data issue occur after your plan/account renewed?

Brisby1

@darlicious Yes I just tried all that again. Everything should be working fine. It all worked prior to the issue with calls going directly to voicemail.switching to WCDMA only fixed the call issues but still no data

@Brisby1 

Double check your settings:

1. Mobile data enabled?
  2. Data limiter?
  3. Check APN.
  4. Perform network reset.

Brisby1

Yes. I haven’t been able to use any this billing period cause it hasn’t worked

Brisby1

Ya, I just tried doing all that again but still doesn’t work. Submitted ticket. Waiting for reply

@Brisby1 

Have you checked your account to see if you have any data left?

Need Help? Let's chat.