cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked out of my account

yox1923
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't login to my account. It says "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Do you know how to contact them.

11 REPLIES 11

yox1923

Thanks... I've entered a ticket so I will wait for a CSA to reply...

@yox1923    If you made a payment on Feb. 19th, then you would 120 days to make another payment from that date before the account would be deactivated.   Can you purchase a voucher from a retailer or gas station and load the funds via 611? 

Otherwise contact customer support from the earlier link for assistance.

@yox1923   when you made the payment on Jan 19, the payment went through but did you click reactivate the account and make sure the account was then Active?  If you did all these, then yes, it will be good till Feb 18 (30 days after Jan 19) and then the account can be suspended again for 90 days from Feb 18.

so, at the moment, can you still login to the account you made the payment on Jan 19?  Let's see if it works first.  If you cannot login , open a ticket with PM Support and confirm if they can reset the login for you and if the account is still either Active or Suspended and not closed

Please message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

yox1923

I made a payment onJanuary 19, 2022 so that was 89 days ago but I'm thinking that payment would have kept my account active until February 19, 2022. I think my account has only been disabled for 58 days.

I don't know how to make a parent and swap the sim card if I can't get into my account.

@yox1923 

If the account was not suspended for more than 90 days, then you should be able to recover your number/account with a payment and swapping out the SIM card. 

You just need to swap the SIM card on the current account, NOT activate it with a new plan/account.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

I don't think the account is closed exactly. It's more likely suspended and blocked. If the credit card company reversed charges here then that's called a chargeback. If it's just that the account couldn't renew then you should be in a better situation. You will need to buy vouchers and then contact the support people to restart it. You might also have to use vouchers for the next while depending on how forgiving they might be.

Or if you can enter the vouchers into the 611 thing then maybe it will restart.

@yox1923    How long was your wife's account without payment?  If more than 90 days from the last payment date, then the account would have been closed and number lost.  If still within the 90 day period, then you could purchase a voucher from a retailer like Canadian Tire or London Drugs, or even a gas/convenience store or online at recharge.com (for a fee) and load the voucher via 611 service.

Otherwise submit a ticket to customer support for assistance via the chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

yox1923

My credit card was hacked and closed while we were in Mexico and when we got home we found out my wife's Public Mobile account was disabled. None of this is Public Mobiles fault because the auto payment wouldn't go through on the closed credit card so PM closed her account.
My problem is that I don't know how to contact PM about a disabled account. They only talk to you if you have an active account.
I want to reactivate her account with the same phone number and same plan options if possible. I have a new PM sim card but if I activate it I'm afraid it would be with a new phone number and and a different plan.
Does anybody know how to contact someone at PM before I activate the new SIM card...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Chatbot is definitely fastest and then save your login on the notepad of your computer if you feel the need, and autofill is a godsend lol

@yox1923 wrote:

I can't login to my account. It says "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Do you know how to contact them.

Usually, when entering a password in incorrectly too many times, the Self Serve locks the customer out for exactly 15 minutes (although it says 1 hour in the error message).  However, the login disabled messgage could be an indication that the ability to log in won't get re-enabled after that 15 minutes.  This can either because the account has been closed after 90 days of suspension. I've also seen it where if you're a new customer and enter the wrong password in during the first attempts, that error gets displayed and a customer support agent (CSA) ends up being needed.

There are actually a couple of ways to contact a customer support agent, but whenever possible, members/customers should ALWAYS be using the SIMon chatbot to open tickets.  The other method (private messaging) is automatically much slower because your request would get sent to back of the queue, while tickets opened through the chatbot are priortized accordingly.  The private messaging message is also a security risk because customers are not supposed to be sending verification/account security information thorugh that system.

For fastest possible service, please use this link to open the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html .  From there, you can open a ticket to ask a customer support agent for help.  Assuming this is a password issue, typing something into the chatbot such as "forgot security question answer" will provide options to make the necessary contact.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@yox1923 

Try again. Account becomes unlocked after an hour. Use chrome or edge browser in incognito, but clear your cache and history first.

If you continue to have problems contact a CS Agent:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.