cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving and then register back

rachelwang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I want the plan which only available for the new user registration. Can I get it by leaving Public Mobile and then register back with holding the same number? How long it would be take, and what would be happen? Looking for suggestions. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

@rachelwang wrote:

Yes, what I'm thinking is register to another service provider with the same number, and then register back by the same number as well. I'm not sure if this is achievable. Thank you for the link, I will message the agent

When you port out, the number goes to the ohter carrier.  When you transfer the nubmer back to Public Mobile, Sanson is correct this would be handled the same as any other new customer.  There wouldn't be anything unique to to this specific situation.  Any beneifits of previously being a Public Mobile customer will already have been lost.  

rachelwang

Yes, what I'm thinking is register to another service provider with the same number, and then register back by the same number as well. I'm not sure if this is achievable. Thank you for the link, I will message the agent

rachelwang

The plan $24 for newer has 4G data in 4G speed, whereas the plan $25 for current customer only offer 1G data in 3G speed, so it's big difference.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

You would be considered a new customer.  Have to get new phone number,  email address, new loyalty program.  I don't know if it's worth it? 

If you have asked cs already and they say no, then I guess you have to weigh the benefits. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Sadly no. There is no keeping your number. Only way to do this is to say...  port out to TextNow or something like that then porting back in later. Make sense? But why not just send a message to a CS Agent and see what they say? It never hurts to ask.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.