itinerancy in USA I have the money but the system won't hook me up

Dzian1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

itinerancy in USA I got  the money in the account the system won't hook me up

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dzian1 

do you have the Canada-US plan or the US roaming addon?

tell us what you have tried

Generally, you need the Canada-US plan or the roaming addon, then try to connect to T-Mobile or AT&T. But tell us how far you have gone 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You need US add-on or Can+US plan in order to have service in USA.
If you have any of those connect manually to AT&T or T-mobile

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dzian1 

"the system won't hook me up" as to you cannot buy the US roaming addon or you just cannot connect?

To use US roaming, you must first go into your My Account and buy the US roaming addon you want (there are different ones)

Please login My Account using incognito mode and make the purchase first.  Once purchased, wait a minutes, reboot the phone and try

To connect and use US roaming, 

make sure you try to connect to T-Mobile and AT&T network. If it does not connect automatically, then change the Network connection to manual and select try  T-Mobile and AT&T manuall.  

If you roaming purchase includes data, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone.  Change network mode to 4G/LTE  

If your roaming purchase includes voice, enable VoLTE on your device and you might be able to use VoLTE for voice.  But if not, your phone should change to 2G network on T-Mobile ONLY and test voice calls 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dzian1 

Have you purchased a US roaming add-on? If you go to the subscription and add-on’s section click shop add-on’s, then look in the US Roaming section.  If you have already made a purchase reboot your device. 

Make sure data roaming is turned on if you’ve purchased a data add-on. Make sure you are connected to either AT&T or T-Mobile. If AT&T doesn’t work for you manually connect to T-Mobile and reboot your device. If your device isn’t VoLTE roaming enabled with PM you’ll have to manually connect to T-Mobile for calls to work.

You can check the VoLTE roaming enabled device list here:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

If calling doesn’t work on T-Mobile try turning your voice and data setting to 2G/GSM.

Need Help? Let's chat.