cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is us roaming data unlimited, just slower after 3GB is used, or does it just stop

atj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

heading to the States this week and planning on the US unlimited talk, text and 3GB data add-on. Tee 3GB is probably enough but if I use up 3GB is the data unlimited and at lower speed or is it 3GB and that's all and done, and have to buy another add-on if I need more data. 

7 REPLIES 7

Amped

The unlimited part in Canada is 512Kbps!  Not Mbps

@atj wrote:

my phone samsung S21+ does not show any VoLTE option. It's not there...

Looks like it should be volte activated. Use the troubleshooting suggestions above to see if it'll turn on for you.

clipped from Help Guide..

VoLTE-Enabled Devices on Public Mobile

From the latest iPhones to the newest Samsung Galaxy models, a wide range of devices are ready for VoLTE. Some notable mentions include:

• Apple iPhone 8 & above
  • Google Pixel 4 series and newer
  • Samsung Galaxy S21 series and beyond
  • Select Motorola edge and Moto G models
  • TCL and Sonim models

@atj wrote:

You can test while at home:

1) Temporarily turn off WiFi

2) Ensure you are connected to either the 4G/LTE or 5G networks

3) Make a phone call

4) Once the call connects, take a look at the top of your screen. If you stayed connected to 4G/LTE or 5G, you have VoLTE. If you dropped to 3G, you do not and you will run into issues with phone calls in the US (texts and data are not affected by this).

atj

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@atj 

while you're at it...for best talk experience while in US...make sure your phone is volte enabled. To test ...turn off wifi and dial a local number. Does your cell stay on LTE or 4G ? If so you're good to go. Without volte, your phone will have to drop down to 2G to make / rec calls in US as they've shut down their 3G network. Calling will sorta work when you're near a T-Mobile tower..but not so much as you move away from tower. Resulting in a poor talk experience while in US. Data and text will be fine either way.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @atj 

only Canada 5G plan has unlimited data at 512Mbps, Canada-US plan don't.  And with your 3GB roaming data add-on, the data will stop running after 15 days or after 3GB is used. 

Also, If you need more data and need the same data add-on again, especially if the 15 days is not up yet, you will need to open ticket with PM support to arrange rebuy.  Keep the agent's message link handy just in case you need

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@atj  No it’s not unlimited . Once it’s used up it ends and you would need to buy more 

Need Help? Let's chat.