cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a limit of 2 when merging phone calls on iphone using Public Mobile $40 plan?

beleaf67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Due to COVID-19 just like many I'm forced to work from home.    I was not able to connect more than 2 people together using merge function on my iphone.   My friend using different provider was able to connect max of 5 people together.   I was wondering if there is a limit or it just an user error?  LOL.    
If it is a limit I wonder if Public Mobile would consider allowing 5 people connect together due to COVID-19 and many of us working from home.

Thanks 🙂 

9 REPLIES 9

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@beleaf67, my company used to use a service called JoinMe, which is a free / paid service. My company was cheap, so we did the freebie one. I think it was up to 250 participants at that time, but, I can't remember what it is now. 

I guess you could also use Adobe Connect for a 90-day trial period unless your company has this already.

Skype was mentioned already, which is pretty good as well.

There is Google Chat aka Google Hangouts too. 

@beleaf67 wrote:

Thank you for the answer. 😉

to Public Mobile mods/owner... Would it be PLEASE possible to extend this for time being to 5? 

At some carriers, the feature is called three-way calling, while others call it conference calling. Unfortunately, something like this probably can't be changed by pressing a button. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@beleaf67 further to @Luddite 's suggestions, since this is for work purposes, does your company use Teams or Skype for Business for collaboration?  There is a small upgrade (I think it's $5/user/month if I remember correctly) they can add-on to your license (if they haven't already) to allow you to set up meetings as online meetings, including a dial-in number your clients can use if they can't join in-app.  

GoToMeeting, Zoom, and others offer similar features.  For me, plain old' mobile calling is a last resort.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@beleaf67 Workarounds you may already have considered:

a) if all are iPhone users then Facetime audio/video

b) an app all can agree to use; e.g. Skype, https://www.fongo.com/conference-calling/

c) online service; e.g. https://www.freeconferencecall.com/global/ca/support

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@beleaf67 , Public Mobile is a low cost provider.  There is an element of you get what you pay for here.  Carriers do differentiate the brands using little things like this.  Premium brands get the most, lowest tier the least.  

beleaf67

because it is always different people (different clients)

@beleaf67 If your friend is one of the 5, why not conference call through his or her provider?

beleaf67

Thank you for the answer. 😉

to Public Mobile mods/owner... Would it be PLEASE possible to extend this for time being to 5? 

Need Help? Let's chat.