cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a current (July 2023) way to add a trusted device to one's account?

John_G1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I go to Eversafe and click on Add Trusted Device - there is no place to add one. I currently show none, though I just clicked on 'add this device as trusted' when I last logged in and had a code sent to me.

9 REPLIES 9

John_G1

I thought the point of having one's device registered as trusted is that one did not have to go through 2FA any more for it. Perhaps I misunderstood - but then why try to show that it is 'trusted', if one has to show why every time?

@John_G1   

so, are you on Android or iPhone? Website login or app login?

the Trusted device is to allow the current device and the current login brower or app to be "trusted" and do not need to go through the 2FA as long as you are on the same device using the same browser or app.   So, if you checked it, and you notice you no longer need to go through 2FA on the same device and using the same browser (or app), then it works.

As many points out, this "trusted" might not work well on some iPhone or won't work at all with Incognito mode or if you have browser enabled with the option "clear cache on exit"

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you click on…you mean tap and get a ✔️ mark. Right? Then hit enter on keyboard? OR hit the enter bar on the web page?

John_G1

except that that does not happen ... I click on 'trusted device' on 2FA but nothing appears in my list of trusted devices.  It's not at all clear to me what the point of the 'trusted device' is,  given how hard it is to list any device in the class.

Hi @John_G1 

my iPhone  does not accept trusted on the app, too 

No problem eithymy Samsung 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

iOS. 
iPad Air ….. won’t accept trusted device

iPhone XR …. won’t accept trusted device

iMac 2010 ….. will accept

New design website needs a whole lot of fixing.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

There seems to be a glitch on when I checked on trusted devices (maximum 4 devices). It still send me the 2FA code to the phone.

It stopped after a few tries.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@John_G1 are you using web browser or app? Android or iPhone or Windows or Mac?

Generally, you click the "Trusted device" box when you enter 2FA code.

Make sure your default browser does NOT have the option "Clear cache on exit" enabled

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1  Your trusted device is the one in which gets the codes for verification on log in . So if you get the codes and can log in . Then all is well 

Need Help? Let's chat.