cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is Nexus One compatible with PM network?

dvaloop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

found old but still functional Google Nexus One, want to activate. Anybody know if it's going to work on PM?

12 REPLIES 12

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

I wish PM would stickie willmyphonework.net.  I use frequencycheck.com from time to time also.

The problem with those sites is that for LTE, they don't ask for your geographical location.  That really matters in Canada, a LOT, since not all LTE frequencies are available in all areas.  Somebody needs to make a site that combines willmyphonework.net with the cell tower map to explain to people precisely if a phone will work on LTE in their area or not.

youbme

Sorry to hear @dvaloop, it seems that only one of the variations produced would work with PM. I would've imagined that a version purchased directly from Google would be the North American variant - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you prefer Nexus models, I would have a look at a Nexus 4 or 5 - I've used both and they are excellent phones, and will work well with PM's network. You can even do a simple hack with the N4 to get LTE.

dvaloop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

purchased directly from Google, if I recall it correctly.

Was trying this morning and seems I'm of luck. Phone can only see Rogers Network and 302490 (Wind)

youbme

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's important to know that there was more than one variant of the Nexus One.  Only some of them will work on Public Mobile.  You need the variant that supports UMTS Bands 850 and 1900MHz.  I know that Mobilicity and Videotron sold a variant of the Google Nexus One (that supported UMTS 1700MHz instead), and if your Nexus One is stock from one of those 2 carriers, it won't work on Public Mobile at all.

Yes, this is quite important to verify. I had an old Samsung flip phone I was hoping to using on PM awhile back, but it is a Wind variant and unable to utilize PM's network. @dvaloop, if you can provide us with the specific model number (should be in the system info or printed on the phone somewhere), then we can help verify that it will work.

It's important to know that there was more than one variant of the Nexus One.  Only some of them will work on Public Mobile.  You need the variant that supports UMTS Bands 850 and 1900MHz.  I know that Mobilicity and Videotron sold a variant of the Google Nexus One (that supported UMTS 1700MHz instead), and if your Nexus One is stock from one of those 2 carriers, it won't work on Public Mobile at all.

@Someone_here wrote:

@Samianauman@will13am

Thanks, edited my post!

Thank you.  I have a lab suggestion that is in thinking about it status to have the IMEI checker removed because it provides erroneous information.  I wish PM would stickie willmyphonework.net.  I use frequencycheck.com from time to time also.

@Samianauman@will13am

Thanks, edited my post!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Don't use the Public Mobile IMEI checker, it is broken. 

@Someone_here wrote:

@dvaloop, I don't see why it wouldn't be... However you can verify it here with the IMEI : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

That link only good to check if phone is not blacklisted or list lost or stolen not really reliable 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@dvaloop more Likly 3g since no lte on that phone to get full details click on this link and check further details 

http://willmyphonework.net/

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

3G only.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

@dvaloop, I don't see why it wouldn't be... However you can verify it here with the IMEI : http://willmyphonework.net/

Website edited

Need Help? Let's chat.