siouxxx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i cannot receive calls and dont know why

23 REPLIES 23

siouxxx

thanks i have been waiting for 43 minutes

@siouxxx 

Another method is to submit ticket for moderator help.  However, calling the Telus porting team is faster even though you will need to wait until the line is open.  

siouxxx

all i get is a message to call in business hours when is that its 10 oclock where i am or it tells me i dont have a plan with talk which is wrong

siouxxx

I wish I knew it could take a week to receive calls! who can go a week without a phone. and i was given a number to call which no answers what time do they work

siouxxx

iphone 6 s

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@siouxxx wrote:

i cannot receive calls and dont know why

@siouxxx ,

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

If it has been longer than normal for a successful port contact the Moderators to assist you.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Do you have an iPhone:

SE

6S

6S Plus

??

Aasha
Spoiler
Only remove the sim after you confirm that your old service is closed.
And you are done, you will be able to receive calls soon

siouxxx

thank you!

Aasha

Yes, it happened to me as well, I think you will receive a message soon, just keep your old sim and wait for the message.

siouxxx

my old sim card is still working but i did respond yes to the text message

@siouxxx 

If not working in the AM, call porting assistance at 1-x

It's not available for any other account related inquiries, only failed ports.

Aasha

I think you should put back your old sim and check whether the service is working or not? If it's working, the transfer has failed.

The same happened to me. I transferred from fido to the public.

After I sent Yes, I removed my old sim and put in the new one.

At that time I did not realize that I was unable to receive calls.

And today, I found out that my transfer was not done as my previous service line need to be active for transfer, it did not happen as I removed it before the transfer was done. Thus, having mixed services.

So, I put my old sim back, and soon received a message for transfer and the transfer was done.

I rechecked again by putting in my old sim and the account was closed.

I had successfully transferred to public

siouxxx

i will try thanks

Aasha

Have you confirmed the message that your old provider sends that you want to transfer the number?

@siouxxx 

It is possible that your port is stuck.  Maybe check your old carrier SIM card to see whether it is still working.  

Your previous carrier will send a port request confirmation text to  your old carrier SIM card.  Did you respond yes?  

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

siouxxx

thanks i tried shutting down and restarting my phone but it didn't help

siouxxx

yes i transferred my number i can make calls but not receive. its frustrating

@siouxxx Try power down and pull SIM and put it back. 

It happened to me before once.  A normal phone reboot didn't work until I physically pull the SIM and put it back.

Aasha

Have you transferred your number? The same was the case with me. I was not able to receive calls as I was having mixed services with the public and another service provider?

After complete transfer, the problem was fixed.

siouxxx

Iphone S bought in canada and i can send and receive text messages but i cant receive calls

@siouxxx 

What is the exact iPhone model?

Was it originally purchased (new) in Canada?

Are you certain it's not carrier-locked (ie: unlocked), not blacklisted (ie: not registered as lost/stolen), and not damaged/malfunctioning?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

which province are you at?

is your data working?

can you make outgoing calls?  

can you text out or receive text?

did you try putting your SIM onto another phone to confirm if it is a phone issue or SIM?

One thing to try.  Power down phone, pull the SIM out clear it bit and put it back in firmly, power up and see if that works

Need Help? Let's chat.