cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone not activated

asahyrum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I just set up my account with public mobile and I put my sim card in and everything, and it says I have no service, and then a message pops up and says "Iphone not activated. If this Problem continues to occur contact carrier." so right now I just payed $30 for my plan and whenever I try to make a call it says call failed and my datas not working and apparently I have no service when my friend who also uses public mobile has service and shes right next to me.

Please fix this.

3 REPLIES 3

SgdFranklin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

- make sure your phone is unlocked

- power off your iPhone

- put in new SIM card

- power on iPhone

Public Trouble shooting also suggest restoring iPhone from a backup when you've put the Public SIM card in for the first time, however, I didn't need to do that on an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @asahyrum ,

Have you tried your SIM card in your friend's phone? If it works in your friend's phone then your phone may be locked. Contact previous provider to unlock it.

But first try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@asahyrum wrote:

So I just set up my account with public mobile and I put my sim card in and everything, and it says I have no service, and then a message pops up and says "Iphone not activated. If this Problem continues to occur contact carrier." so right now I just payed $30 for my plan and whenever I try to make a call it says call failed and my datas not working and apparently I have no service when my friend who also uses public mobile has service and shes right next to me.

Please fix this.

@asahyrum hi sounds like your phone could be locked to your previous provider contact them to get your phone unlocked 

Need Help? Let's chat.