cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone XS screen not turning on

pdedecker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I purchased a PM refurbished XS and when it arrived the screen would turn on showing the start screen. However, there were green bars running up and down the screen. Since then, it has gone completely black. Hard reset doesn't work.

I've requested a return but received an email from PM saying the email account I sent the request to is not monitored. ??

Any advice? 

11 REPLIES 11

@pdedecker wrote:

Yes, I understand that. However, through private message the CS_Agent asked me to initiate return process using: device.return@publicmobile.ca

Anyway, my post was about solutions to the screen problem. Thanks to those who suggested I return the phone, and for the help with contacting the CS_Agent. 

I understand that it's a waiting game from here. (I already initiated the return process)...

@pdedecker @softech @J_PM 

As from the post by Dunkman eariier before your above quoted message, the CSA should not have given out that e-mail address for a deivce return, and as asked about and mentioned, the e-mail address is no longer monitored.  All return requests must go through the customer support agent ticketing process.  It sounds as if some CSAs are not aware of this change, and will need to be informed of this.

@pdedecker wrote:

Yes, I understand that. However, through private message the CS_Agent asked me to initiate return process using: device.return@publicmobile.ca

Anyway, my post was about solutions to the screen problem. Thanks to those who suggested I return the phone, and for the help with contacting the CS_Agent. 

I understand that it's a waiting game from here. (I already initiated the return process)...

@pdedecker 

I 've re-read your posts for the 3rd time 🙂 and if I'm not mistaken, these are the steps you've taken:

- You contacted CS about your issue.

- CS told you to write to  device.return@publicmobile.ca  to initiate return process. But by doing so,you got the message (email) saying: 

"Please be advised that messages sent to this email address are not monitored by Public Mobile, and no response will be provided." 

My question: Have you contacted CS again and let them know about that message?

If not, you should do it, otherwise you risk waiting for a long time without getting any reply. Things sometimes work in a weird way at PM!

@pdedecker wrote:

Oh, I thought they removed this email address for device return.  Let us know how the process gone through.

pdedecker

No problem. I've tried all the reset suggestions but screen still doesn't turn on. Thank you for your help.

@pdedecker 

Sorry about the miscommunication.  

As you wait for CSA help,

Here is a link that I found for some troubleshooting advice;

https://www.ikream.com/iphone-xs-thats-stuck-on-black-or-blank-screen-30094

pdedecker

@pdedecker 

You can't send an email to customer service.  You will need to send a private message or service ticket to Customer service agent. Expect a few hour response time.  Check your private message inbox for response (envelope icon on upper right corner of this website)

Try this link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1u3SSUSRlybtjmxj99G...

Here is some more information 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

@pdedecker wrote:

Thanks. I've already submitted the return request but I received an email saying: 

"Please be advised that messages sent to this email address are not monitored by Public Mobile, and no response will be provided." 

Not sure what this means. I'll assume PM reads the email but just doesn't respond via that account? The wording is confusing. 

@pdedecker 

You could try again via this link:

Chatbot (tiia.ai)

(Sometimes I guess the system could be down for maintenance.)

Edit: Misread. OP  said email, not private message.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

pdedecker

Thanks. I've already submitted the return request but I received an email saying: 

Not sure what this means. I'll assume PM reads the email but just doesn't respond via that account? The wording is confusing. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@pdedecker wrote:

Hi, I purchased a PM refurbished XS and when it arrived the screen would turn on showing the start screen. However, there were green bars running up and down the screen. Since then, it has gone completely black. Hard reset doesn't work.

I've requested a return but received an email from PM saying the email account I sent the request to is not monitored. ??

Any advice? 

@pdedecker 

Contact Customer Support via:

Spoiler

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Need Help? Let's chat.