cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone - Imessage and Facetime help!

Ellas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Done all the pre research. See this was a common problem noted and logged with complaints. I’ve tried all the recommended fixes. Anyone continuing to have this issue? If so how did you/are you planning to resolve. I am quite confused on what to try next. 

12 REPLIES 12

Isabelle_Kenny

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg

Isabelle_Kenny

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg

Hi there, I had encountered a similar problem but I was able to fix it. Here are the steps that you can follow to resolve the issue:

1. Go to "Preferences" and select "Facetime".

2. Make sure that Facetime is selected by checking if it is highlighted in green.

3. Below Facetime, ensure that your phone number is selected with a check in blue.

4. If the above steps are already done, then please uncheck them, exit preferences, and repeat the steps again.

5. Let me know if this solution works for you.I hope this helps you fix the issue!

Destoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was it over 24 hrs since you ported for iMessage to start working again? My 24 hr period is currently about 6 hrs away.

Roxy321

Yes it did; bottom line was texts were failing before and once this got resolved, even FT  & iMessage got resolved. 

@Destoy wrote:

I did put a ticket in, also private messaged the agents. I got a message back through the private message to restart my phone. I did that and was able to get SMS messages. So I'm guessing it's something they need to do on their end. Except my problem now is iMessage and Facetime.. but it looks like others are experiencing the same thing at the moment. I'm hoping they're working on it and it will be resolved in a couple hours.

@Destoy 

Try a network reset of phone.  This will erase your Wifi settings.  

If that does not work, logout of FaceTime and iMessage.   Log back in.  Do you see your phone number as an option for FaceTime or iMessage. 

Destoy

I did put a ticket in, also private messaged the agents. I got a message back through the private message to restart my phone. I did that and was able to get SMS messages. So I'm guessing it's something they need to do on their end. Except my problem now is iMessage and Facetime.. but it looks like others are experiencing the same thing at the moment. I'm hoping they're working on it and it will be resolved in a couple hours.

@Destoy wrote:

Mine was spinning trying to verify yesterday. Today it's an error message. I can't choose my phone number in the Send & Receive. Did yours just resolve itself after a few hours?

@Destoy 

From your previous post, you did ask for customer service agent help.  Did CSA respond yet?  

Destoy

Mine was spinning trying to verify yesterday. Today it's an error message. I can't choose my phone number in the Send & Receive. Did yours just resolve itself after a few hours?

Roxy321

Hi, I had similar issue when ported to PM yesterday. Neither FaceTime or iMessage worked - both were in the status of verifying. I have tried all usual troubleshooting steps suggested by apple but I felt underlying problem might be at PM end.

I figured out that even my text messages weren't working then followed steps as requested in one of the post wherein it stated to contact PM in private message as stated below as follow steps. Voila! everything got resolved . I'm happy now with everything working as usual.

go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ellas 

Are you a new customer?  Just ported your number?  

Known issue with texts (incoming and outgoing) for new customers.

Destoy

I'm having the same issue too. At the very least I got SMS working so I can get my 2FA's. 

@Ellas wrote:

Hello,

Done all the pre research. See this was a common problem noted and logged with complaints. I’ve tried all the recommended fixes. Anyone continuing to have this issue? If so how did you/are you planning to resolve. I am quite confused on what to try next. 

These issues are ongoing.

Need Help? Let's chat.