cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 14 pm exisiting customer switching from sim to esim failed

Jakezxcxz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've talked to pm support, they kept saying was my phone compatible with esim,  and I told them many time the phone was iphone 14 pro max Canada version. They also asked if I got a qr code email, and I did not.

Only new customers that signed up pm esim would receive a qr code email, right?

Is there anyone that has an iphone succeed switching from pm sim to esim as a customer, cuz I think I did everything properly, I mean it was a pretty simple guide.

My phone was out of service for 1 day and I got a few messages from pm cs support which none of them helped. I see the message on the app when I logged back in saying I got a esim and I need to install it. Clicking install resulted in" Oops, installation failed contact cs support." 

Really disappointed with the public mobile, my bottom line is at least make it work.

22 REPLIES 22

@Jakezxcxz wrote:

It's finally done! 
I received a message from Andu CS_Agent.
He activiated my sim card and sent me a qr code.
I scan it and it works flawlessly, it's great to be back online.
Hope this helps anyone who's had this issue, just ask for a qr code.

@Jakezxcxz finally! What a huge unnecessary mess! You kept asking them for one. They kept refusing to provide one! That’s why I said to ask for a Senior CS_Agent to escalate it. How can so many of them be so unhelpful & incompetent? Something that’s so simple to do yet so many flat out refused to do! 

Thank you for being so persistent with it & for keeping Us updated!

Did you ask to escalate and ended up with Andu? He is a more senior agent who has been here a while. If that was what finally worked for you then I guess htidegnow was the first to mention that.
Or did you just keep asking and finally Andu showed up? 🙂

Jakezxcxz

Yea, all it needs is a qr code. I've requested a few times, but they always reply back to me saying I need to check my inbox and if my phone is compatible.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jakezxcxz , Glad it worked out for you. Did you see my reply to you above? It's exactly what I had suggested. 

Jakezxcxz

It's finally done! 
I received a message from Andu CS_Agent.
He activiated my sim card and sent me a qr code.
I scan it and it works flawlessly, it's great to be back online.
Hope this helps anyone who's had this issue, just ask for a qr code.

Jakezxcxz

Thanks for the reply.

No worries, due to security policies we are not able to redeem or get your QR code.

However, you can easily get it through your Mobile App, or the regular Self Serve website:

Under your Profile, you will be able to see the QR code for your new eSim.

We are no longer mentioning the email.

The QR code you are looking for is available on your Self Serve.

Please check your Self Serve.e4b9c193-510f-4c01-8683-b354f5c4a49f.default.png

=======================================

my self serve profile is displayed exactly like his which contains no qr code. public mobile support is crazy.

@maple_leaf wrote:

Hello @Jakezxcxz , I can appreciate how this customer service response can be most frustrating. From personal experience, a Customer Support Agent was able to send me an eSIM QR code via Community private message. Try composing a brand new message to CS_Agent, and explain simply that you had an active physical SIM, purchased an eSIM, have a compatible device but activation failed. Let them know that you never received the QR by email, and would like for them to re-issue your eSIM and send the QR by private message. Once you receive the QR, you will need to access it from another device or PC so that you can scan it with the phone requiring activation. You have 3 tries to install a new eSIM from QR code before requiring Customer Support assistance.

Hope this helps.

@Jakezxcxz , I would send a new message to CS_Agents asking for a Senior CS_Agent then say you want it escalated. You paid for an eSIM but received a defective one, ask them to send you a new one to your email address. You didn’t receive one. @maple_leaf wording is better than mine.

Edit: Oh boy, just read your recent message! Yes, your iPhone is eSIM compatible!

Jakezxcxz

This is the most recent reply that I got :

First, please reach out to Apple support to check if your device is an eSim compatible: 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/contact

Then, if the device is compatible, please check your email in order to get the QR code and the eSim number, the one starting with ......

Kind regards,

Angelo, 

Jakezxcxz

Unfortunately there isnt one. I've been requesting for a qr code since the start and they somehow dodged my qr code question everytime. 

@Jakezxcxz wrote:

I really appreciate the reply and guide!
For me, I failed at the installation step. After I made my payment like select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’
an esim popup window showed up on my phone and it said installing. I waited it out and then it said failed.
It directed me back to pm app and I saw transcation succeeded. 
To me, I never pass the installation process. Moreover, going back to pm app, there's a small window saying

"you've recently purchased an eSIM, but it looks like it hasnt been installed on your phone yet. If you need to scan a code for instllation, you can log in thru a browser on a desktop/laptop."  Install Now

I clicked install now, and it directed me instantly to "OOPS! ESIM INSTALLATION HAS FAILED.        Get Support"

@Jakezxcxz , this is so frustrating! 😞 I don’t understand why they’re refusing to send you a new QR Code to your email since they easily did it for other Customers! Some get refused & some get the help! It makes 0 sense to me! I’m sorry! Especially since the 1st one failed!

Edit: Receiving one through email would be easier due to you can open the email on your computer & scan it using your phone!

I know nothing about installing esims but I don't suppose you saw a qr code logging in on a desktop? If so then maybe point the camera at it and then tap that Install Now button. Maybe it wants to be looking at a qr code.

Jakezxcxz

I really appreciate the reply and guide!
For me, I failed at the installation step. After I made my payment like select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’
an esim popup window showed up on my phone and it said installing. I waited it out and then it said failed.
It directed me back to pm app and I saw transcation succeeded. 
To me, I never pass the installation process. Moreover, going back to pm app, there's a small window saying

"you've recently purchased an eSIM, but it looks like it hasnt been installed on your phone yet. If you need to scan a code for instllation, you can log in thru a browser on a desktop/laptop."  Install Now

I clicked install now, and it directed me instantly to "OOPS! ESIM INSTALLATION HAS FAILED.        Get Support"

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Jakezxcxz , on my goodness that’s frustrating! I read everything you said & went through with the CS_Agents! Some will help & some flat out refuse or no clue how like they’re reading from a script!

I was one of the 1st here to install an eSIM on my phone when it was offered to existing Customers (switching from a SIM Card) Here is the exact instructions below that I did when I switched from a SIM Card on my iPhone 14 Pro to purchasing & installing the eSIM on it!

For Existing Customers:

1. In the Public Mobile app on your iPhone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’, (I purchased the eSIM using my available balance from points that I redeemed).
  2. Please keep in mind to be patient when installing it, it takes time. Follow the instructions it gives you during this process! After it says on your iPhone’s screen that it installed successfully reboot your Phone. ‘With your iPhone turned off remove your SIM Card from your iPhone’. As an extra measure I reset my iPhone’s network settings & rebooted.
  3. In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line “ is selected , reboot your iPhone.

(I had my data on plus my Wi-Fi was turned on & connected to my home internet to be sure I had all connections while doing this)

I received an email notifying me that my SIM Card changed.

‘I can not stress this enough… please be patient when installing the eSIM’.

Turn On This Line

Edit: I never received a QR Code through email either. Luckily my process worked though with no instructions on how to! These instructions are useless to you now but this is exactly how I did it! I never realized how lucky I was until I saw all the post’s of those that had failures 😞 

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Jakezxcxz , I can appreciate how this customer service response can be most frustrating. From personal experience, a Customer Support Agent was able to send me an eSIM QR code via Community private message. Try composing a brand new message to CS_Agent, and explain simply that you had an active physical SIM, purchased an eSIM, have a compatible device but activation failed. Let them know that you never received the QR by email, and would like for them to re-issue your eSIM and send the QR by private message. Once you receive the QR, you will need to access it from another device or PC so that you can scan it with the phone requiring activation. You have 3 tries to install a new eSIM from QR code before requiring Customer Support assistance.

Hope this helps.

Jakezxcxz

I just told the support what you said

Jakezxcxz

the only agent that gave out useful information was the first one.

here's what he said:

The only way to trigger it manually so to speak is by scanning the QR code associated with the eSIM. On new activations, there's an email that goes out to the customer and it has the QR code included, and we have a system-generated memo that also has the QR code. Unfortunately for transitions from pSIM to eSIM, we don't have that type of memo on the account...

Did you get any email after purchasing the eSIM? It might have the QR code attached. 

If not, the only other way to install it would be to delete it and get another one, but I'm not sure if it allows you to do so.

Ultimately, if the eSIM won't work, you'll most likely have to go back to a pSIM.

============================

after that he sent me to Maria and Maria asked this:

My name is Maria and thank you so much for reaching us! I hope you are doing excellent today!

I am really sorry to hear about this situation but do not worry, you are in good hands, I will try my best to help you!

When you purchased the e-sim, the phone was compatible with it? Did you check spam folders?

Did you order the esim? Can you please try to install our app and order the esim?

Out technical department can not provide an esim, you're the only one who can buy it.

Jakezxcxz

I've replied them at least 10 messages, here's what I sent in order. I aslo gave them my email and phone number.

Hi, it's iphone14pm. I haven't activated an esim on this phone before.
The payment transcation went thru but the popup esim window on iphone said "failed" after I purchased esim on the public mobile app.I dont see prompt on the app after I get back in, is there a way to trigger it manually?or maybe a qr code to setup?

I am an existing customer, I switched from sim to esim. The phone is iphone 14 pro max that I bought last year in Canada. I do not have qr code because I am an existing customer trying to switch to esim. I have not got any email from pm that contains a qr code.

I think it is compatible. I've been saying this many times, is iphone 14 pro max esim compatible? Could you help me verify if iphone 14 pro max canada version is compatible with esim? Also like the previous agent said, I would not get qr code in email because I didn't sign up esim, I am an exisiting customer trying to switch to esim. If I am a new customer,  I think I would receive a qr code email. Moreover, no I did not receive a qr code email by surprise, ofc not in spam folders either.

can you check technical department and get me my esim qr code?

Could you reach the technical support team and let them come up with a solution. My phone is working and I followed the guide directly from pm. If mine doesnt work or having problem, I would assume every existing customer that has iphone would have problems too.

hi @Jakezxcxz 

simply tell her she didn't understand and ask her to escalate

Jakezxcxz

how is she even working in pm,  she doesnt understand any of it.

Jakezxcxz

This is the latest message that I got, what a joke

Did you order the esim? Can you please try to install our app and order the esim?

Out technical department can not provide an esim, you're the only one who can buy it.

Sincerely,

Maria_G
Public Mobile CS_Agent

Jakezxcxz

I aksed them so many times, they either say exisiting customer wouldnt get qr code or avoided that question. I've got so many messages from them and it felt like going backwards. First they acknowledged they didnt have qr code in the database. However, the recent messages that I got was just a bunch of repeated "is my phone compatible and have you checked your spam folders for qr code?"

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jakezxcxz 

yes, this is something only agent can help

did you ask the agent to send you the QR code in email?

in the worst case they cannot do anything, I believe your physical sim is no longer working ,  ask them to reimburse you the cost and you might need to change back to a physical sim, a new one that you need to go and get

Need Help? Let's chat.