cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim

mksens00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

trying to set up with public mobile,. bought the sim from the amazon link like it said to. trying to register. it let me get far to the end where it was registyering everything then  it didnt work, now it wont let me even try to register again.

update - it seems like it set up properly even giving me the warning message that it didnt. weird.

6 REPLIES 6

@mksens00  Thanks for the update. Now mark a solution and welcome to public mobile!

mksens00

it worked the first time when it said on my pc that it didn't work. was weird.

@mksens00  Probably a little bit of both....what worked? Did it activate the first time or did you have to do it over again? Remember to clear your browser and use secret mode whenever you make account changes like adding funds or changing plans.

mksens00

it worked. just my pc or the site was being dumb. it worked perfectly. thanks.

@mksens00  The pm activation portal is finicky...follow @cellphoneuser1 advice and check your credit card for charges, SIM card in phone, self serve account creation....report back while you are waiting out the hour....if none of these have happened then you must try again.

This time make sure you clear your browser, use incognito/secret mode in chrome or Firefox as they work best. If the site accepts your SIM after an hour redo your activation. Make sure your credit card details match your billing statement address exactly except leave the apt/unit box blank and do not put a space in the postal code. Use ALL CAPS if necessary.

Referral code goes in the box halfway down the first page...choose at least the $25 plan you can change to the $15 on your next month and get the extra credit....good luck!

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@mksens00 wrote:

trying to set up with public mobile,. bought the sim from the amazon link like it said to. trying to register. it let me get far to the end where it was registyering everything then  it didnt work, now it wont let me even try to register again.

update - it seems like it set up properly even giving me the warning message that it didnt. weird.

If you click back, you had to wait 50 minutes for another try. What did the warning say? Look if credit card was charged and that sim card is in service. Look if self serve account was made too.

Need Help? Let's chat.