cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim card?

Mkat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i bought a simcard from walmart and when after filing out all the info on the  activate.publicmonile.ca it continuously tells me invalid sim. i have double and triple checked it is the wright sim # off the back of the simcard. any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Skazzy

Same issue. New browser does nothing. Nor should that make a difference actually. I have the same issue. It's a PM thing. Not a great way to get customers.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wrote:

that was the exact problem i had. I closed the tab and reopened in another brower tab and it worked just fine!

That's good to hear.

Welcome to PM!

Mkat

that was the exact problem i had. I closed the tab and reopened in another brower tab and it worked just fine!

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used Chrome without issue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mkat, at what step did the invalid SIM error appear?  Some customers have had issues with the first attempt at activation and then they try again but actually the SIM was registered in the system even though the activation may have glitched.  That leads to errors too.  If you have not gone to the payment step, the SIM should not have registered in the system and you should be able to try again.  As already suggested, try a different browser or incognito mode.  Personally, I have never had to resort to incognito mode and I find that both firefox and chrome work fine. 

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mkat I had the same issue when I tried to activate my sim card last month when using Google Chrome. It kept on saying that the SIM card is not valid, but when switched browsers and used Internet Explorer, it was fine. Try that and if you are still experiencing activation issues, you will need to contact the moderators for assistance by clicking here.  Good luck!

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try using a different browser or incognito mode in Chrome. Lots of times the browser you're using will cause weird issues during activation, and switching browsers will fix it.

Need Help? Let's chat.