cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international long distance call

jrstobie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have received the international long distance add on. Just tried making a call to the UK and was told the number has been blocked for security reasons. I'm calling a golf course! Any insight?  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try dialing any other UK number to test. Google for one more common.

If it is saying the number is blocked for security reasons then there is nothing wrong with how to dial.

Check the number again and if it is still giving the same msg, pick another golf course. 

If you trying to reach a person at the facility, try another method of contact. Text msgs are free too.

@jrstobie 

Note....TOC says. ooops sorry, some one has previously posted

1. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrstobie 

do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

01144 xxx xxx xxxx

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jrstobie   

Samiliar things happened before for some British Airway number in UK

(https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/The-number-you-have-dialled-is-in-a-num...

Can you call other UK numbers without issue?

and it is not those UK free numbers like 1-800 in North America?  If so, those numbers are free and accessible locally to UK only

if just that one particular number,   you might need to contact PM to have the number unblocked

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jrstobie wrote:

I have received the international long distance add on. Just tried making a call to the UK and was told the number has been blocked for security reasons. I'm calling a golf course! Any insight?  Thanks

@jrstobie    Did you drop the zero from the area code when making your call, if not try again without the zero.

Here's a list of numbers that cannot be called in the UK:

Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jrstobie wrote:

@jrstobie 

Was this the Christmas 2021 freebie addon given by Public Mobile?

IF so, the UK is included:

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

Try rebooting your phone first. Then call again. Are you dialing exit code 011 first, Dial 44,  then Dial 44 country code.

EDIT: striked out above, sorry, didn't mean to stutter.

Need Help? Let's chat.