cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international (UK)

AT2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm completely new to mobile phones. With the "unlimited nternational text" and "international calls add-ons" plans will it cost the earth for someone from the UK to text me beck or call me beck?  i.e. more than it would cost them to call me from the UK if I were on a landline here.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AT2 wrote:

I'm completely new to mobile phones. With the "unlimited nternational text" and "international calls add-ons" plans will it cost the earth for someone from the UK to text me beck or call me beck?  i.e. more than it would cost them to call me from the UK if I were on a landline here.

The following assumes any of the in-market talk plans:

In-bound talk = in the plan and from anywhere (free)

In-bound text = in the plan and from anywhere (free)

Outbound texting = in the plan and to anywhere (free)

Outbound calling to Canada = in the plan (free or 100 minutes total)

Outbound calling to select countries = add-on required

Outbound calling to Canada with 100 minutes plan consumed = add-on required

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@AT2 wrote:

The absolute best way to call internationally these days is through a Wifii App.

I use Line app: https://line.me/en/

I talk with my friends in the UK weekly if not daily.

Good luck friend!

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 9.57.25 AM.png

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AT2   PM's longdistance is nice because its a simple flat rate.  My parents using their land line had to be careful when calling Italy if they called a landline or a mobile number (different rates) I have since convinced them to call just from their cell.

as for sms, i believe most of europe, has moved away from sms to other platforms like whatsapp ,  so people will probably wnat to use one of those platforms rather than sms.   if your friend wants i believe they could get fongo or textnow apps  and get a free canadian number and call you using their data rather than long distance minutes

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@AT2 all the scenarios mentioned would depend on the plan that the person in th UK has. Your texting would be free and the cost for 400 international minutes is $15 + applicable taxes.  If you decide to buy the add on. It's a 2 step process, add funds, then buy the add on. Heres an article on buying add ons 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

See screenshot below on where to do it.

20200417_204130.jpg

Welcome to PM. Stay safe.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It will depend on what type of plan the sender has with their provider.

They could use Wi-Fi apps like Skype and WhatsApp.

Need Help? Let's chat.