cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if i stop paying can i use my bonuses

Talaxin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am switching over to a new company in the next few days and i dont want to buy another full month. If i cancel my card before i am charged, can i use all my bonuses until i get my new plan?

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am assuming you are looking to port your number over - in that case they will be all gone in the next few days so not sure what you can use. Go crazy with data and stream some shows on them or call the LD you may have etc....whereabouts are you going? is it a better deal or more suitable service for yu?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Talaxin  - I think the short answer is "NO".  Any addons can only be used on an ACTIVE plan.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Talaxin what do you mean by bonus? If you mean add-ons etc then they require an active plan to be used.   

If you mean you have more rewards then if your plan cost is less than total rewards then that will be used and your credit card will not be charged

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Talaxin 

You can use your bonuses while you have an active 30 day plan. You can suspend it via lost/stolen or by removing autopay. If you intend to port out then your account must have active service and you should remove your credit card because once you port out your account automatically gets cancelled and you lose all access.

Take a moment to consider this if you are still on the old $$ rewards program. Schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan. You can allow it to renew if you like or suspend via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle. This will keep your voice mail active.

Activate with a temporary number with your new provider. If you are taking on a device contract you have 15 days to test the service and new device. If you are unsatisfied with either you may return the device and cancel within that time period at no cost to you. Reactivate your pm services on your old plan and carry on as if it was all a bad dream. Bonuses, rewards and promos tied to your rate plan will stay intact.

Or if you have no device subsidy just test your service out. If you don't self suspend your pm service you can call forward it to your new number while you determine if the new provider is all they promised they would be if they are great! Reactivate your pm plan if you haven't already, ensure you have removed your payment card from your account and keep the pm sim card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT within 90 minutes of receiving it. Your port will complete within two hours.

To contact customer support via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Talaxin 

I would also suggest you remove your CC information and remove AutoPay ahead of time just you won't be charged for the next month.

Remember your account must be active for you to port your old number over to a new carrier so best to port over a day before your plan is up for renewal just encase there are any problems.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Talaxin 

You can cancel up to the day your plan expires at 11:59 pm EST without be charged for the next month.

You can use up all your Reward bonus before it expires.

Once you port out to another carrier, your account and SIM will automatically close.

Need Help? Let's chat.