cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone6Plus Safari keeps turning Off even when Cellular Data turned On

josPuMO1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do have a Data plan. And I have Reset the Network Settings and have the right APN name. iOs Software is Up to date 12.5.7 only on this iPhone.

I've also done what the ChatBot told me.

What else can I do? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Yosemite_Sam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Typhon wrote:

From what you say is that the phone turns off all the time " even when cellular data turned on" - Your phone is old so maybe it needs a new battery.

Unlikely 

Yosemite_Sam

Safari is not working that well on the older version of iOS. 

How does it turn off? Can you give a better explanation?

I know that you likely don't want to change your browser. But just to isolate if it is the browser, phone, app or website......download Google Chrome and see if you still have issues. The Facebook app stops, shuts down and causes my iPad to do a total reboot. Rebooting the iPad helps a tiny bit. And I know the app is NOT safari. iPad is on 12.5.7. On my older iMac won't login to BMO on Safari but will on Google Chrome. Apple does a great job of aging out older Apple devices. 

josPuMO1

I tried it, but it didn't work. Thanks.

Everytime I Enable Safari on the Cellular window, and then switch to the Safari window to browse, Safari would not open. When I go back to the Cellular/Data window, Safari would revert back to Off or Disabled. ☹️

josPuMO1

Yes. I tried that. Thanks. It didn't work 🙁

HI @josPuMO1 

did you try Reset your phone? Maybe it helps

josPuMO1

The phone maybe Old, but I think it's not the battery as the phone is still okay. The phone does not turn off.

Typhon

From what you say is that the phone turns off all the time " even when cellular data turned on" - Your phone is old so maybe it needs a new battery.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@josPuMO1 - is it possible your hotspot setting is turned on?

Open the Settings app on your phone. Select Connection & sharing > Personal hotspot in Settings. Turn off 

If that is not it, can you try your SIM card into another phone and test it? If it works in another phone, there is a setting or something going on with your phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@josPuMO1 

Check Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data>Safari and enable.

See if that works.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How does Safari turn off??

Check with Google for this issue on the iphone 6.  

Can you search the internet when using wifi?

Bigjay83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@josPuMO1 Did you try restarting your device?

Need Help? Let's chat.