cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Xr

cliff3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a iPhone XR from your store, the condition I purchased is "Great" I just checked the battery health and its at 93% since its condition was supposed to be Great shouldn't the battery health be at 100%

11 REPLIES 11

Adding to @Camera4617 comments, a new iPhone XR battery has a 2942 mAh maximum capacity. For the 93% capacity will be 2736 mAh.

@cliff3 

After reading thru all the help articles on purchasing phones from pm this paragraph contains the verbage that best relates to your issue with the battery health of the phone..

Certified Pre-Owned phones are refurbished, high-quality phones that have gone through extensive inspection, then cleaned and re-packaged so you get only 100% functionality. All of our Public Certified Pre-Owned phones come with a 1-year Certified Pre-Owned warranty, backed by TELUS, so you can shop with confidence. Plus, if you’re not happy with the device you selected, return it within 30-days of purchase under our Money Back Guarantee.

If your battery only charges to 93% that does not indicate 100% functionality. You have 30 days to to return it to public mobile to get your money back and/or choose a new one.

um.. this is what is see from your link

Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.

.. and OP was buying CPO phones, it's not Like-Like but just Great, the middle of the 3 conditions you can choose, maybe that's why?

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ndiqbal wrote:

Hi,

Every phone battery needs some charging I would suggest fully charge and then see if should be reached 100%.

Hope it helps

OP is not talking about battery charge level, but battery health level. @cliff3 That does seem 'low' to me as I have an iPhone 12 for 9 months and still on 100% level. That doesn't mean your XR should be 100%, but I wouldn't expect it to be 93%. Once the level goes under 90%, it is time to potentially change battery. I'm not sure where does PM gets these phones and who owned them and for how long, but I would not be happy with it. As far as I know, you can reach out moderators and talk to them about it. Personally, I would rather buy used phone somewhere where I can check it before paying it. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cliff3 

I would say that 93% for a reconditioned phone is considered as great.

100% would be on a brand new phone from the factory…untouched by human hands…packed by monkeys.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am my dear friend, if you buy it a brand new in box iphone is will be battery health be at 100% .

and if battery is designed to retain up to 65% ,, covered by the Apple Limited Warranty for 1 year only

visit HERE for more info.

my pleasure

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There is variability to battery health.  It is hard to get a battery with 100% health as oems like to push the envelope on performance rating.  The last few brand new phones I used had around 97% battery capacity right out of the box.  

ndiqbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Every phone battery needs some charging I would suggest fully charge and then see if should be reached 100%.

Hope it helps

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

They are Pre-owned phone and I would say 93% is reasonable.

However, you might want to open a ticket with mod to discuss about it and see if they can do better (send you another one?)  Worst case you can return it for full refund

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

more info for the warranty and return here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

Online  returned or exchanged via mail and can be initiated by sending an email at device.return@publicmobile.ca

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest to try charging fully charge and then see what battery health be at % !

Where do you purchase go there and return it.

i suggest you go to buy it a brand new device is better to you ,

don't losing your money.

and if you buy it from public mobile website 

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service
  • with order number.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.