cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE not receiving/sending messages to Android devices

NF75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. Recently set up My Father in law's phone on PM. The phone's an iPhone SE (A2275). Currently the phones makes/receives all calls, data is working, but only sends and receives messages from other iPhone devices. Won't send/receive messages from android. I've done some googling but haven't been able to find a solution. As a life long Android guy, I'm at a bit of a loss. Any advice?

4 REPLIES 4

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check your phone’s settings- maybe it’s just set to iMessage. Make sure you enable MMS and SMS 

@NF75  I'm not sure if it is all new customers but certainly quite a few.  There's an announcement here.  Yes affects both iPhone and Android, with iPhone it can affect iMessage set up too.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me... 

NF75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes sms and mms is enabled. Forgot to mention the number was ported from rogers. That glitch affects all new customers regardless of device? Both iPhones and Android?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@NF75   there's currently a technical glitch with SMS messages for new customers.  He needs to contact customer service (use the chat icon bottom right to submit a ticket) and they will fix it.  I'm assuming he has SMS and MMS enabled in iMessage settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.