cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(iPhone) Can't receive photos on Messages

Arezzi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a iPhone 6 and lately I can't receive messages from other Users (primarily other iPhone users).  I have no issues sending out photos to anyone, but can't receive them.  Most texts go through but I do have some issues receiving some messages (it's not that they are delayed, they just don't arrive) - TBH - I've never had the best experience with Public Mobile and this whole online only thing is extremely frustrating to deal with because I can't get immediate resolution - I have to sift through answers.  

Back to the photos - Oddly enough if I select the User's Info in messages, I can see 'most' of the photos they have sent under IMAGES, but not all of them, however they do not appear in my regular chain of communication.

Currently my details are as follows: 

Plan:  Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging, 1G Data (currently have 975.97 mb remaining on my plan)

Software is up to date

Cellular Data - On

Cellular Data Options - Roaming On

Messages - iMessage is on

6 REPLIES 6

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try this - Go to SETTINGS -----> MESSAGES ----> enable ---> Send as SMS ------enable MMS Messaging ---> enable GROUP MESSAGING.      Then completely turn off the phone and re-start - hope it works for you.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Arezzi 

reset network,

roaming - off,

Cellular Data - On,

check this APN settings  select your device modal to get customized,

and do rebooting device.

and check the photo size, because your data not have left enough,

Arezzi

I got no error message, neither did they saying it wasn't delivered.  I don't believe it's a problem with the users considering they have never had any issues with others, just my phone.  In the past I had issues with Public Mobile not activating my data to send or receive texts (even though I had more than enough data left in my account).  One day it worked, next it didn't.  I had to reach out to the community to investigate it.  They never said what happened, but they reactivated the account and it worked.  So I'm guessing this is a Public Mobile or a phone issue.

Hi @Arezzi   did you just port in your number?

So, you got any error or just not deliver at all?

I think you can clear cache on your iMessage app and see if it helps

If it is just 2 users, honest, it could be a problem on their ends and not yours

Arezzi

As far as I can tell, it's happening at least with 2 particular users (both have iPhones) but to be honest, it could be happening with more people who are simply not letting me know an image was sent.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Arezzi 

is that problem with one or 2 particular users or  very random?

Need Help? Let's chat.