cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage not functioning after porting my old Koodo prepaid phone number

Adabiscuit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up to Public Mobile yesterday and got a new number.  Then I was able to get help to port my old Koodo prepaid number so I can have my old number.  Now my iPhone 14 pro won't verify the old number so iMessage is not working.  

10 REPLIES 10

Lorihogan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same problem and did the toggle off iMessage and FaceTime as suggested.  Completely shut my phone down and then turned back on. It fixed the problem 🙂 

Adabiscuit

Good suggestion, I just did that.  Thank you!

I suggest to set in imessage to turn on send as sms and send as mms.

Adabiscuit

Thanks to everyone who responded, the iMessage is now working.  I shut off iMessage and FaceTime, then turned off phone for 2 minutes then turned all back on and it’s working.

Adabiscuit

Thanks for your suggestion, it was basically what worked.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Adabiscuit Go to your account and Profile, make sure your current phone number is your previously phone number in your account Info page. 

Go to your phone settings>Phone>my phone number: make sure is your previously phone number , if not type it then save it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Adabiscuit 

Tap on the Setting on your Apple account and see if your number is current.

If it is then reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Adabiscuit 

In my experience when I ported over to PM, I had to go into my message settings and manually choose iMessage to send and receive messages from my phone number instead of email. When I did the port it went back to my email. Once I manually selected my number to be used, everything worked as normal. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Adabiscuit wrote:

I signed up to Public Mobile yesterday and got a new number.  Then I was able to get help to port my old Koodo prepaid number so I can have my old number.  Now my iPhone 14 pro won't verify the old number so iMessage is not working.  

Can you make a call with previously phone number and send or receive the messages?

Try turn off iMessage then turn on.

Try turn off the phone for a couple of minutes then turn on.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Adabiscuit @Turn I message off and turn off face time . Power phone down (off) wait a minute reboot phone and turn iMessage and face  time back on 

Need Help? Let's chat.