cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime not working

Mrfurious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have requested help over 2 hours ago. I ported my daughter’s phone over from Rogers over 2 weeks ago. I bought a SIM card.

6 REPLIES 6

Mrfurious

It sure is. Usually porting your phone number and installing a new SIM is smooth and easy but not here. 

Sushi_Combo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a pretty critical issue that is still unresolved. Wonder if we will get any updates about why it's taking this long. 

Mrfurious

Thanks. I’ve done all that as my wife’s phone wncountered the same issue a few weeks ago as well. Hers is working this one is not:(

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Mrfurious 

Yes, if only SMS an issue, it is a PM system problem with new activation.   Voice, data both work but just SMS is the problem.  And with the SMS problem, it will affect account verification.   PM is aware of the problem and can only fix the issue one account at a time.   

Please submit a ticket with CS Agent  by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mrfurious 

Is regular talk working?  data?  

There has been an issue with SMS texting after porting recently.  That would affect iMessage and faceTime.  You can try a network reset of phone.  If that does not work, you would need to contact customer service agent. Usually CSA respond within a few hours, but it has been longer recently.  

Here is some additional information:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Open-Issue-Trouble-using-iMessage-amp-F...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mrfurious  Yes PM is having issues with sms and iMessage with new activations . Support  unfortunately has been  having unusually long delays getting back to customers . You just need to keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply and resolve the issue for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.