cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a question about the loyalty reward please, thank you

yyjyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

right now, i have $4 each month,going to reach 5 years in June .how this is going to work and being calculated once the new reward kicks in?(I understand you get $10 after 12 month),  does that mean I lost $48 (almost 60 after June) each year?

I am on $15 only, so my new reward is 75 cents plus my $6 referral( i am pretty sure more people leaving , i used to have 12 referals), and I have to pay full amounts on both accounts , watch and redeem $15 above only. if you leave in the middel , you lose all your rewards. 

is any way we can complain to someones? i think i am going to leave PM not very long.... 

thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

The credit remains @ZeroFear3k  & @yyjyyj 

No worries there ... PM has confirmed that.

yyjyyj

i think they stay, i have some as well

yyjyyj

Here is the math guys:that will be a huge loss .

right now (4+2)x12=72 immediate saving.

later (0.75x12)=$9,+$10(supposed you stay full year), plus you can only redeem $15+,

also my referal is reducing from 12 to 6 already.

ZeroFear3k
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What happens to the credit that is on my account ATM for the referrals? Will that credit still be there if the switch happens? 

Exactly @yyjyyj 

So plan your departure accordingly.  😉

@yyjyyj wrote:

i will get $10 after 12 months, but right now I am saving 4x12=60 a year, so they will ge gone?

You will get 10 points on your anniversary. It's different because you need to redeem those points yourself, they are not taken off  your bill automatically.

Yes, as of May, the $4 will NOT be added to your available funds anymore -you will need to pay full plan price. (of which you will get the 5% back in points)

yyjyyj

i guess PM doesnot like old customers , time to say good bye after i use my data and minutes...lol

yyjyyj

that is very upsetting, if you leave on the 11th month, you get nothing at all. or you leave with 15 points less, you get nothing either. 

@yyjyyj wrote:

i will get $10 after 12 months, but right now I am saving 4x12=60 a year, so they will ge gone?

Yes...after May, your loyalty to PM is only worth $10 per year.

yyjyyj

i will do that, thanks

Sadly, yes @yyjyyj , if PM goes through with this change, that loyalty reward will be gone, and replaced with the 10 points per year.

It was the SOLE reason why switching to Public Points was a bad choice for legacy reward holders up to now ...

And yeah, it really SUCKS!!!

yyjyyj

i stick to the $15 for now because they are cheap. now  there will be not too much advanges to stay with PM

yyjyyj

yup @yyjyyj the $4 eac month will be gone 

The loyalty rewards will be changed to 10 points per year (equal to $10 per year)

The auto-pay discount of $2 per cycle is replaced by 5% of your plan value towards points.   In other words, folks on the $40 or higher plan will earn the same, or more, in points.   Folks under $40 will earn less.

yyjyyj

hi, i understand how the new reward works, but i have $4 each month now, that means I will lose them?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@yyjyyj 

Recommendation would be to await until AFTER the change (whatever it happens to be), to occur.

Depending on the continued traction of thousands of angry and upset customers, Public Mobile may 'sweeten the pot' for existing customers leaving.

So, even though on your next anniversary you'll likely get the 10 points (as opposed to a $1/mo increase to your loyalty rewards), perhaps wait to see what becomes of this.

In the interim, definitely reach out to the customer support agents to express your displeasure with the change, and ask them what they're going to do to retain your services with them.

You never know ...

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@yyjyyj 

here's some reading for you..

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

For us on the $15 plan...stick with PM as the best value of all the 3rd tier providers. If something comes along later...well...'ya know !

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @yyjyyj for new rewards, everyone will pay fill amount upfront and earn rewards

you will get 5% of you $15 in Points, that's 0.75 point.  You will also earn 10 points in anniversary

if you have referred friends, you will continue earn 1 point per friend per cycle

And Community rewards will be paid in points

once you collect 15 points, you redeem for $15 bill credit 

Need Help? Let's chat.