cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't get the 6# confirmation code. No cell signal.

brucewayne9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

when i use the phone app, the phone app tries to send a 6digit code to the phone # but the # doesn't work. the cell signal to public mobile isn't there. it says unregistered sim. available networks are public mobile, rogers, home, bell. when i go into connections.   nothing is connected. the phone works fine with freedom and i have used the phone in Mexico city little over a year ago with a Mexican provider. I'm pretty sure the phone is unlocked.  I got the sim from that amazon link that is usually posted here.  I put in that sim # when i paid for the account/subscription/activation

i paid on january 3rd and still have no service.  i have already contacted customer service on here several times.  I spent hours here lurking, reading up on if i should join public mobile.  What a disaster.   At this point, I really would just like money back.

7 REPLIES 7

brucewayne9

how can i delete an account?? my autopay is on apparently... and i can't turn it off without getting into the account... which i can't do.  so how is it possible to delete an account??

brucewayne9

yes i have used that link.  the 3rd rep seems to be a human being and is trying to help.

yes i did the activation/signup on the app. 

No i have not ported the number to public mobile.  yes my freedom account is still active.  im supposed to top up for tomorrow... which i'll have to do to keep the line active to port.  so either way i lose money yay. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@brucewayne9 "  i have already contacted customer service on here several times."

Do you mean you sent private messages to customer service via this link?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Were they unable to help or did they not reply?

Did you finish the activation on the app?  You say  you'll stay with Freedom, so you have not tried to port your phone number to PM and your Freedom account is still active?

brucewayne9

i typed out a whole response to this i don't know what happened.  i hate this place. 

i am using the public mobile sim when i try to get public mobile to work.  i shutdown the phone, change sims.  ive shutdown, restarted, airplane mode, combinations of this. 

at this point in time it looks like public mobile is just gonna rob me of almost $40 and ill just stay with freedom.  f public mobile.  i spent hours reading this dang forum before i even decided to try public mobile and still nothing works.

@brucewayne9 wrote:

unable to connect to public mobile, bell, or home. it says SIM does not allow connection to rogers but it shows rogers available.

Is there any chance that you're still using your Wind/Freedom Mobile SIM card?  When a customer is using a Public Mobile SIM card, the Fredom network won't display in the list as "Home".  The Home network name is something that Wind/Freedom used to try to simplify things and at certain points in time used WIND Home and Home vs. WIND Away, Away, and Nationwide as a way to simplify things (and to avoid mentioning competitor's names in the network list).  

Please ensure that you're using the Public Mobile SIM card.  Also of note is how Public Mobile is owned by Telus, so the Rogers network isn't supposed to work.

brucewayne9

unable to connect to public mobile, bell, or home. it says SIM does not allow connection to rogers but it shows rogers available.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@brucewayne9 

Public Mobile (and Bell) network is visible to your phone, so the problem is not the network. It's the phone or the SIM card or the attached account.

First, login to your Self-Serve. Confirm that your Public Mobile account is activated and that your plan is active.

Second, where did you get the phone from? Is it fully paid for? It may indeed be carrier-locked or region-locked or SIM-locked - especially if it came from another country (Mexico) where CRTC Wireless Code regulations do not apply. If your Public Mobile SIM card works in another unlocked (Canadian) phone but not in your (Mexican) phone then you'll know the problem is the phone itself.

Third, the customer "service" and "support" model here does suck. Sorry you had to endure it.

Need Help? Let's chat.