cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am not getting incoming texts.

gst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i tried rebooting, checking the apn, texting myself.... nothing doing. everything else on my phone is working.

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@gst wrote:

i tried rebooting, checking the apn, texting myself.... nothing doing. everything else on my phone is working.

Is this a recent activation with porting in of a number out have you had the service for awhile?  If you have had the service for awhile and it is just texts you are not receiving did you recently have a US add-on expire?  That is a known big and will self resolve within 24 hours or you can contact the mods to look into it

@gst  once we know if:

1) is this a new activation?  if so, did you port in a number from a previous provider?

2) if not new, was texting working fine for you and for how long?  Has anything changed (plan change, phone change, software update, roaming to the USA, etc)?  What brand and model of phone are you using? 

Then we can try to provide some suggestions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

courtneydunn5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have recently activated your SIM card it will take a bit to trasfer your phone number over. Approx. half a day.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gst wrote:

Is this a recent activation with porting in of a number out have you had the service for awhile?  If you have had the service for awhile and it is just texts you are not receiving did you recently have a US add-on expire?  That is a known big and will self resolve within 24 hours or you can contact the mods to look into it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Can you try your sim card in a different phone @gst ? Did you recently go to the USA?

Need Help? Let's chat.