cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

huge issues paying

mavic24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am to say the least frustrated with the payment process here. i am on autopay with a credit card and it a: didnt even attempt tp make payment... b: disconnected my plan for lack of payment,.. and c: i try to make manual payment online with this credit card and i get error messages that i have sufficient funds and need not make a payment????  Wt?... can i not make a payment?.. i thought autopay was to rid the user of headaches... i believe it has failed drastically!! Please help me to a: make payment and b: get autopay that is working !!

12 REPLIES 12

@mavic24  When you go into your account what is your current balance? Is there enough funds to cover your plan cost? When you check your payment history what transactions have taken place? We're your rewards converted and credited to your balance? Wast the $10 plan cost charged and debited? Was the data amount charged?

If you have a balance that covers your plan amount and it stopped debiting your account or crediting your account before the data amount was charged then your renewal failed versus Auto pay failing.  If your Auto pay failed clear the browser of the device your using to access your account. Reboot. Then use incognito/secret mode in chrome or Firefox or safari to access your account. Add a $1 payment if you have a balance that covers your plan otherwise choose other and add a payment to cover your plan amount with at least $1 extra and try to make a payment. Reactivate if necessary. Log out and reboot your phone.

If this doesn't work or your renewal failed the moderators you have already contacted are the only ones to help. If it was an Auto pay fail next renewal ensure you top up at least a partial amount to help the Auto pay along.....for the following renewal if you plan on relying on it solely to pay for your service. Sometimes weird stuff happens in your account. It's good financial sense to check your account at least once a month to make sure everything is in order. When I do I take the extra minute to top up my account. I never have to worry about an Auto pay failure but I've still had a renewal failure. BTW this is also a good time to take a screenshot of your payment history....for record keeping.

@mavic24 To keep your head above water until this is sorted, try the Textnow app for free calling/texting on wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CannonFodder was up late looking at UFC 247. 😎

I think that burnout that was mentioned the other day has started to take effect - 1st you didn't notice the iPhone model name in the title of the thread, and now this one! 😜 

@mavic24 wrote:

i tried the reactivate button..made a full payment that effectively wont let me because it says my current available balance in my public mobile account is already topped up or something to that effect... and nothing happens..  a $1 payment makes no difference...

This is becoming epidemic - we're seeing these autopay failures EVERY day! 👎 

That part in bold is what really gets me, i.e. if the "current available balance" was "already topped up", then why the hell does service get cut off!? 🙄 

@gblackma wrote:

@mavic24 If this is your renewal cycle dat and everything is working as normal . Ignore any messages it's th normal process.

@mavic24 wrote:

i am to say the least frustrated with the payment process here. i am on autopay with a credit card and it a: didnt even attempt tp make payment... b: disconnected my plan for lack of payment,.. and c: i try to make manual payment online with this credit card and i get error messages that i have sufficient funds and need not make a payment????  Wt?... can i not make a payment?.. i thought autopay was to rid the user of headaches... i believe it has failed drastically!! Please help me to a: make payment and b: get autopay that is working !!

I think that burnout that was mentioned the other day has started to take effect - 1st you didn't notice the iPhone model name in the title of the thread, and now this one! 😜 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mavic24 wrote:

i am to say the least frustrated with the payment process here. i am on autopay with a credit card and it a: didnt even attempt tp make payment...

@mavic24  Known issue (timeout) the AutoPay system is very finicky and on occasion will not work as you just found out. The Public Mobile AutoPay system tries only once and if for any reason it fails you account gets suspended.

b: disconnected my plan for lack of payment,..

Yup!!

and c: i try to make manual payment online with this credit card and i get error messages that i have sufficient funds and need not make a payment????  Wt?

Try making a one-time payment but instead of accepting the automatic payment amount try entering a custom amount manually. If you can't reactivate your account then you need to submit a ticket to PM so they can re-activate it. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

... can i not make a payment?..

i thought autopay was to rid the user of headaches... i believe it has failed drastically!! Please help me to a: make payment and b: get autopay that is working !!

Best to make manual payments a couple of days before renewal so if the payment does not go through you have a couple of days to fix it and avoid account suspension.

@mavic24  contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Use this private message link to contact them directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@mavic24 wrote:

i tried the reactivate button..made a full payment that effectively wont let me because it says my current available balance in my public mobile account is already topped up or something to that effect... and nothing happens..  a $1 payment makes no difference...

mavic24

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can You try restarting your phone?

Its there reactivate button?

When you click it make the payment of $1 and restart your phone.

If that fails contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

@mavic24 can you log into your self service/my account .  Manually add payment +$1. Then use the reactivate account option . If This doesn't work contact a moderator . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@mavic24 wrote:

it is my renewal date, and nothing is working.. i am effectively without service on my phone!!

mavic24

it is my renewal date, and nothing is working.. i am effectively without service on my phone!!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mavic24 If this is your renewal cycle dat and everything is working as normal . Ignore any messages it's th normal process.

@mavic24 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.