cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer landline

youngmomx4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it says i can transfer my landline number but when i enter it, says not a valid number

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@youngmomx4 

Are you trying to activate your sim card when you are attempting to transfer your landline?

Use the link to check number eligibility supplied by @not-trust-anyon . If your landline can be ported to public mobile then you can make the decision if it is eligible to make the port request through your self serve account after activation by taking a temporary number to start.

This is preferable because you will at least have working services both incoming and outgoing before you make the port request. If you choose to port your landline in upon activation and your sim card has an activation issue or a provisioning issue you will be left with no working services either on your mobile phone or your landline.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Best is to take a new cell number to start off...then port your landline when account is set up and working ok.

The customer first needs to check if this phone number can be ported to Public Mobile.  If the number can't be trasnfered to Public Mobile, doing the above would result in the customer spending money on a service that can't be used with the phone number that the customer wants to use on it.

@Outdoorsman wrote:

@youngmomx4 hi are you activating an account is your landline active? you may need to take a temp number and after activation go into your self serve that will be created for you,go into profile and you can transfer your landline there it  takes 3 to 5 days for transfer to complete 

Unfortuantley, doing that will likely result in the same error message about the number not being valid.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@youngmomx4 hi are you activating an account is your landline active? you may need to take a temp number and after activation go into your self serve that will be created for you,go into profile and you can transfer your landline there it  takes 3 to 5 days for transfer to complete 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Best is to take a new cell number to start off...then port your landline when account is set up and working ok.

@youngmomx4 wrote:

it says i can transfer my landline number but when i enter it, says not a valid number

This phone number might be failing the eligibility check?  Which city is the phone number from?  The number can only be ported to Public Mobile if Public Mobile also offers phone numbers for that same city.

Need Help? Let's chat.