cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send a international text to China, dial a phone No. in China?

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got a bonus of 500 mins int'l long-distance call, how to dial a local phone No. in Shanghai, China? 

how to send a text to Shanghai, China? since intl texts incoming and outcoming are all free. 

what is the dial/text format? 

do I have to input 01186 +local phone No. ? or + 86 xxxxxx, add + sign in the beginning?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chch518 

SMS or call China from Canada, dial: 011 - 86 - Area Code 

Land Phone Number 011 - 86 - 11 Digit Mobile Number.

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

@chch518 wrote:

I got a bonus of 500 mins int'l long-distance call, how to dial a local phone No. in Shanghai, China? 

how to send a text to Shanghai, China? since intl texts incoming and outcoming are all free. 

what is the dial/text format? 

do I have to input 01186 +local phone No. ? or + 86 xxxxxx, add + sign in the beginning?

Either format should work although most people will probably use +86 for both calls and text messages as it's shorter.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, 011 86  + phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chch518 : Yes. It's the same idea for all dialing regions. You need to "get out" of your dialing region, select the country, in our case in Canada/US - drop leading zeroes anywhere including area codes, then dial the number.

So for here, try 011 first and if trouble try + as the method to get out.

Need Help? Let's chat.