gilb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a voucher I dont have a cc. and I have a sim card already

4 REPLIES 4

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gilb 

If you try the CSA route, please update us about what CSA can help with.  

As computergeek mentioned, some recent new customers were declined this way of activation. 

@Dunkman wrote:

@gilb 

In the past, a customer service agent was able to create a suspended account for new customers without a credit care, but unfortunately, I believe that CSAs are not doing this anymore.  

Do you have a Canadian bank account?  You can also use Visa debit cards for payment. 

You could purchase a prepaid visa or mastercard (ie. Vanila Mastercard) which can be used for activation.  If you have a family member or a close friend, you could ask to use their credit card.  You can turn off pre-authorized payments or later ask customer service agent to remove credit card from account.  Then just pay with vouchers. 

I've read about some customers saying that customer support agents refusing to do that, but the information that I've received from Public Mobile says that the CSAs should be doing it for the joing customers.  I can't think of anything preventing a customer support agent from opening the account.

@gilb wrote:

I have a voucher I dont have a cc. and I have a sim card already

Plesae send a private message to CS_Agent.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

The customer support agent will need to open the account and select the plan for you but in suspended status.  The voucher can then be used to pay for the plan.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gilb 

In the past, a customer service agent was able to create a suspended account for new customers without a credit care, but unfortunately, I believe that CSAs are not doing this anymore.  

Do you have a Canadian bank account?  You can also use Visa debit cards for payment. 

You could purchase a prepaid visa or mastercard (ie. Vanila Mastercard) which can be used for activation.  If you have a family member or a close friend, you could ask to use their credit card.  You can turn off pre-authorized payments or later ask customer service agent to remove credit card from account.  Then just pay with vouchers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.