cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how quickly does the USA add in take effect

pardnme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking to purchase the US add on for my parents phone.

1. How quickly does it get added on?  (eg. instant, within 2 hours etc.)

2. If I add it on at 6am, does it expire 10 days later exactly at 6am, or will I have the full day of the 10th day (eg. package will expire at midnight 10 days later)

3. I am not going with my parents, is there any way I can tell if the add on is functioning on their phone prior to departure?

Samsung s6

8 REPLIES 8

jege41

The best thing is to go to Walmart USA and buy a plan especially if reliabilty is important as it was for me (GPS) mainly.

jege41

And Im still waiting for a refund.

jege41

Good luck with that as the last time I activated USA roaming I got nothing and the time before that I had issues as well.

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It happens immediately upon your activation.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pardnme wrote:

2. If I add it on at 6am, does it expire 10 days later exactly at 6am, or will I have the full day of the 10th day (eg. package will expire at midnight 10 days later)

@Dunkman wrote:

@pardnme 

...and ends 10 days later at 11:59PM ET.

@pardnme technically, it's neither of the two options you mentioned.  It's really you get "the full NINTH day".  Day 1 starts as soon as you purchase it, wether that is at 12:01 AM or 11:59 PM (all times in Eastern time zone), and the add-on ends at the end of day 10 (midnight Eastern again).  So day 1 is always a partial day, and you're really getting 9.X days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pardnme 

This 10-day period begins when you pay for the Add-On and ends 10 days later at 11:59PM ET.

You should see your US add on in your self service account.  Buying the add on is a two step process.  Put money into balance and then purchase.  

Here is a good article:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@pardnme @ I guess you will be able to tell if you are monitoring their account when they cross into the states or send a text 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@pardnme as soon as you purchase it

Need Help? Let's chat.