cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

helppp!!!!

tfaye206
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i wanted to top up my account but instead it took 50 dollars and got me 2GB of data like i wanted my plan with the 8 GB please ... im seriously pissed cause i’m a first time customer with public and i have to come to this stupid website just to get help why can’t i just phone and talk to someone, cause i bet i’m going to be waiting a while just to get my situation figured out 🤬

12 REPLIES 12

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tfaye206 

sorry to hear about your troubles

did you put 50 for your plan and accidentally purchased something else?
could you please go into your selfserve and look at the payment history, it will tell you all the transactions that happened on your account.

if you take screenshots and cover your personal info, you can share it here and we can figure together what has actually happen to your money

if you made a mistake, all is not lost, moderators can fix it it may take a bit more time

when are you about to renew?
if you have access to wifi i would highly suggest using textnow for backup in a case if your renewal is happening tonight and they don't get to fix it before the renewal.

@tfaye206 Public Mobile is built on this community and virtual help. This is a part of why their rates are cheaper. They are also a prepaid service. What plan did you pay for? The 50.00 plan with 8G? 

Once you pay for the plan it is set because this is prepaid. <-- This can get some getting used to. Were you reffered? And did that person let you know all about Public? 

I hope everthing works out. 

sorry for your frustration. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@tfaye206 wrote:

i wanted to top up my account but instead it took 50 dollars and got me 2GB of data like i wanted my plan with the 8 GB please ... im seriously pissed cause i’m a first time customer with public and i have to come to this stupid website just to get help why can’t i just phone and talk to someone, cause i bet i’m going to be waiting a while just to get my situation figured out 🤬

For a few reasons, I feel real sorry for you. 🥴🥴🤒

@tfaye206 wrote:

nope cause it’s telling me al i have is 5 dollars like i could’ve put that money into a different company, like this is so confusing why can’t i phone in and some fix it for me over the phone 

@tfaye206 

Moderators will take 1-2 days to respond.  If you want, you could explain in more details what is happening.  Were you changing plans? renewing same plans? new activation of account? buying an add on? Screenshot the payment history page would provide more information.  Otherwise, you will need to wait.  To keep costs lower, PM does not have call centre and all customer service is done via messaging moderators.  

@tfaye206 wrote:

nope cause it’s telling me al i have is 5 dollars like i could’ve put that money into a different company, like this is so confusing why can’t i phone in and some fix it for me over the phone 

There is no-one to phone; it's one of the things we like about PM. ALL support is provided by the members in this forum or the Public Mobile moderators, who are also only available online.

Please respond to the questions members have asked to get accurate advice.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@tfaye206 Everything is online here. I'm confused what plan are you on? There is no $45 plan. Could you please post your payment history so that we can take a look at?  Please omit any personal information from the post.  Thanks.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No call centre here. If the suggestions fail perhaps contact the moderators.

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")

Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.

If you are having problems using Simon contact the moderators directly through private message here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tfaye206
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tfaye206 contact the moderators(PM online customer service here) and explain what happened. Ask them nicely to fix what happened. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Welxome to PM. Stay safe. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Login to your account and report what plan is active, and what add-ons you have. Also, review your Payment history.

There is no way to purchase just 2 GB of data. At PM you can only buy 30 day plans and add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact moderator by clicking "?" at bottom right.

@tfaye206 Did yoru plan just renew? If it did, you'll have to set the system perform a scheduled plan change. When you say that you were charged $50, anything extra from that top up should still be in your account balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.