cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help to activate to public mobile

niitsit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up my account monday afternoon an everything seems ok.  I still get unregistered sim and no connection.   Have transfered my landline to public mobile will this take long

6 REPLIES 6

buchaneer52
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"I still get unregistered sim and no connection" If your SIM is unregistered then you won't be able to set up your account. What message do you get when you enter your SIM number?

Yes, as stated, landline and VoIP accounts do take longer.   Old carrier may delay things, as Bell has been reported to contact the client to try to keep them.

3 business day is a good estimate and I wouldn’t say the knowledge base is wrong.  The past Easter weekend, the number of calendar days would have been 7 in Ontario due to the possible 4 day weekend.

@ZfromVanC That's what is says there, but others have commented that it can take 10 days.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Alex888 

from the Knowledge base:

"When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days."

So I guess we were both wrong.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@niitsit @ZfromVanC Porting from landline to cell can take up to 10 days to complete.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Land lines can take up to 48 hours 3 business days. If it goes longer than that, contact a Moderator for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Depending on how busy they are it can be a while to hear back from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.