cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got several strange calls

Leyla_701
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I got several strange calls today informing me they recently got a missed call from me. I have not called anyone today at all. What could be the challenge? Spammers used my number?

7 REPLIES 7

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Leyla_701 wrote:

Hi, I got several strange calls today informing me they recently got a missed call from me. I have not called anyone today at all. What could be the challenge? Spammers used my number?

You can google the number just to see what comes up.  But a lot of time scammers and spammers spoof it.

@Leyla_701 wrote:

what is the reason to call and tell that they got a missed call from me? Usually, I block the "foreign language speaking " and "CRA" spammers, but those look really strange.

They get a chance to get you on the phone and sell or scam something to you.  I have a policy to never answer calls from numbers I don't recognize.  If it's important, they can leave a message and then I will respond if I think it's legitimate.

@Leyla_701 someone probably spoofed your number. How long have you had the number?

@Leyla_701 wrote:

what is the reason to call and tell that they got a missed call from me? Usually, I block the "foreign language speaking " and "CRA" spammers, but those look really strange.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Leyla_701 wrote:

@Leyla_701  Yes a good possibility being spammers or if you just activated and picked up that number it could be the previous customer that was using that number. If it becomes a big problem you can always change numbers once every 30 day via selfserve.

Leyla_701
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Leyla_701 wrote:

If you don't recognize the numbers, chances are high it's spammers.  You can choose to ignore calls from numbers you don't recognize or block them on your phone if possible. Spam calls are fairly common these days, unfortunately.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Leyla_701 block the numbers the calls came from. I got a couple spam calls yesterday, which I sent to voicemail and blocked after listening to the voicemails.

@Leyla_701 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.