forget 4 digits code

bkkdanver
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can you please help me?

23 REPLIES 23

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Thank you for your offer but I have a maximum workaround for this issue.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious wrote:

Crappity crap crap crap for me!

Had to do the same thing. It took me/CSA about 20 minutes to reset that PIN.

SMS from PM only confirms PIN change but does not provide actual PIN.

Can I help you somehow @darlicious ? I can contact CSA on your behalf if that will work. Or to ask them to pay attention on your mail?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Apparently I've been on hold for 22 hours with pm! Lol....but not really?!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Yummy wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

Well if you don't know your pin # then they won't ask for it. But you had to answer extra verification questions to change it? This gives you access to your credit card thru 611. It can also be used instead of your account # or IMEI to request a port.

And hang on....how long did you wait for a CSA to reply? I sent a message yesterday and have had no reply?!! Is my private messaging all mucked up again?🤔

Thank your for explanation.

The whole process of changing PIN has been completed in a less than 1h.

HI @Yummy   that was quick!! Who said PM Service is no good? 

When I called Bell, I was on hold and then finally talked to someone , they went back and check, the whole process is way longer than 1 hour

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Good for you.

Crappity crap crap crap for me!

This for me does not work!>>>

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

Well if you don't know your pin # then they won't ask for it. But you had to answer extra verification questions to change it? This gives you access to your credit card thru 611. It can also be used instead of your account # or IMEI to request a port.

And hang on....how long did you wait for a CSA to reply? I sent a message yesterday and have had no reply?!! Is my private messaging all mucked up again?🤔

Thank your for explanation.

The whole process of changing PIN has been completed in a less than 1h.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious :

To pre-verify your account include your as registered full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : All except your self-created 4 digit PIN 🙂

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

I used to suggest this for bank card pin #'s and your little black book but that is now your contact list. You can record your 4 digit account pin # as ie. auntie darlicious 604 709 XXXX. So that it's handy and hidden at the same time.

Thank you Auntie for kind suggestion! 😍

I keep all my codes, password, you name it, in handy Android app Enpass backed up in at least 5-6 places plus paper copy in safe.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

I used to suggest this for bank card pin #'s and your little black book but that is now your contact list. You can record your 4 digit account pin # as ie. auntie darlicious 604 709 XXXX. So that it's handy and hidden at the same time.

@darlicious wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Your 4 digit account pin number is the key to your account. That's why there is no account access to it. And with the exception of it being texted to your phone upon activation there is no other accessible documentation as to what it is if you don't remember it.

What do you mean 'is the key to your account'?

Nobody ever asked me for that PIN when contacting CSA. Not even now when I requested change.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Your 4 digit account pin number is the key to your account. That's why there is no account access to it. And with the exception of it being texted to your phone upon activation there is no other accessible documentation as to what it is if you don't remember it.

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

You can't get your 4 digit pin # from the CSA your only option is to answer the extra verification questions and change your 4 digit acct pin #.

When you do change it....write it down. 😁

All above is correct. Just received note from CSA and provided my details and requested PIN change.

Oh, yes! definitely will write down that new PIN. No idea how we missed to remember it. Most likely too much info required at the time of signing up plus all that excitement for getting mobile service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : darlicious is right with the semantics. They can only change it for you. They don't give the current one.

I always wonder why they don't offer PIN change online.  Is it really unsafe to allow us to reset ourselves on  Self-Serve?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

You can't get your 4 digit pin # from the CSA your only option is to answer the extra verification questions and change your 4 digit acct pin #.

When you do change it....write it down. 😁

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yummy : Because it's not customer-changeable. You would have created it at activation and they would have texted it to you. Only CSA's can change it. And they text it to you then again. The voicemail PIN is a technically separate PIN.

You are 100% correct @Anonymous.

Looking at very first SMS from PM I see they mentioned I successfully created PIN and should write it down. Well... I did not. So now I have to contact CSA to get it to have it just in case...

Thank you for clarification. Appreciate it!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Because it's not customer-changeable. You would have created it at activation and they would have texted it to you. Only CSA's can change it. And they text it to you then again. The voicemail PIN is a technically separate PIN.

@darlicious wrote:

Is this your 4 digit voicemail pin # or your 4 digit account pin #?

Just wondering what is '4 digit account pin #'? I am aware on vmail 4-digit pin only. Looking at my account I do not see any 'account pin'????

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bkkdanver wrote:

can you please help me?

@bkkdanver  - we are customers/members like you here; we are not Public Mobile representatives that have access to your account.

You are are talking about your Account PIN, check your text messages; it may have been texted to you when you activated.

If you cannot retrieve your Account PIN you can only obtain it or change it through CSA.

To contact the Public Mobile CSAs, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

FYI - your Account (4 digits) PIN is different from your Voicemail  (4-15 digits) PIN.

Maybe try your voicemail PIN for your account PIN (incase it is the same, if it is 4 digits).

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Depending on what pin are you talking about...sim card is usually 1234 and your pin for your self serve you would have to submit a ticket... click the bubble bottom right and tell Simon he will give you an option to contact customer service. Cheers

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bkkdanver 

Is this your 4 digit voicemail pin # or your 4 digit account pin #?

Need Help? Let's chat.