cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exceeded login attempts

apublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just setting up my account and had to 'reset' the password. Now it tells me I have exceeded login attempts. Please advice. I am just trying to see me account to pay for any outstanding dues!

5 REPLIES 5

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

I think the best thing to do is simply wait a day before trying to login again.

There's no wait time if simply closing the browser (possibly clearing the cache) and re-opening the browser and logging in again.  This change when the Self Serve site was updated last year.

I wasn't aware of this since I've been away for a while and still haven't really caught up on all the fine details I missed.

I'd always assumed that the login timeouts were implemented server-side. A standard and common networking implementation meant to protect against brute-force and denial-of-service attacks.

@Korth wrote:

There's no wait time if simply closing the browser (possibly clearing the cache) and re-opening the browser and logging in again.  This changed when the Self Serve site was updated last year.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@apublic 

Don't stress out over it too much. At Public Mobile there are no fees or penalties for deactivation or reactivation. You also don't have to pay for any days your service is suspended. You'll have to live without active phone service for a short time but otherwise there's no cost. A suspended account will not be terminated (closed forever) for an additional 90 days. A new 30-day billing cycle will begin the moment payment is accepted.

These are not contract or post-paid plans which inflict costs or damage your credit rating or anything like that because you failed to pay in time. The worst that will happen if you're too late (but not more than 90 days too late!) with payment is that you'll miss some phone calls. (And perhaps also miss out on any gifts/freebies Public Mobile might decide to randomly reward their active subscribers with, if any happen to be forthcoming.)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@apublic actually no need to wait on this new My Account, just close the browser and try again 

But try a reset and login using Incognito mode only

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@apublic wrote:

Just setting up my account and had to 'reset' the password. Now it tells me I have exceeded login attempts. Please advice. I am just trying to see me account to pay for any outstanding dues!

Waiting one hour then using laptop by using private mode browser to login again.

Need Help? Let's chat.