seunghohwang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My every safe check shows an unused old number

so, I want to update new number

I don't use old number 

35 REPLIES 35

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Holy Moly! This thread should be named Sybil?!!

I'm curious about the eversafe updating account details....as I have mentioned I had my textnow phone # on one of my referral's account because eversafe wouldn't let me update the phone number with the one it had just been changed to? At some point in time eversafe updated the phone # to the one on the account. At some point I will test if I can now reuse the textnow # on a different account. I take it @dust2dust this hasn't occurred on your account?

@El_Gato 

Why do you expect to never earn a community reward? The bar appears to be pretty low lately...it won't take much participation at all to earn at least the top 50%.

HI @El_Gato 

there is no need to delete those "unlinked" account.  Just do not login 

So, you have an account that currently linked to your PM My Account? is it this one ( @El_Gato ) ?

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dust2dust wrote:

@El_Gato- All service accounts are entitled (even actually required but that's debatable) to a community account. I have 3. I only actively use this one. But that's unrelated to your question of the eversafe phone number. And also that how else are new customers supposed to communicate here?

Just for experimentation and to confirm what you stated - the system allowed me to setup another community account but it won't link to my PM phone plan. Now I don't know how to delete this unlinked account - how would I do this?

El_Gato

@dust2dust wrote:

@El_Gato- All service accounts are entitled (even actually required but that's debatable) to a community account. I have 3. I only actively use this one. But that's unrelated to your question of the eversafe phone number. And also that how else are new customers supposed to communicate here?

OK thanks for setting me straight - 

El_Gato

@dust2dust wrote:

@El_Gato- 1. Yes. 2. What activity, it's just notifications. 3. And how do you suppose new customers ask questions?

Sorry ...In my case,  I just chatted with PM rep and was told about the good deals and features - maybe I was just lucky.  My account works flawless and was very simple and quick to setup.  The reason for my question on multiple accounts was that I have read on the forum that multiple community accounts were frowned upon because they may give each other bravos. 

@El_Gato- 1. Yes. 2. What activity, it's just notifications. 3. And how do you suppose new customers ask questions?

El_Gato

@softech wrote:

@seunghohwang 

this is just an open forum, please remove your numbers for your own protection.  Click on the down arrow, select Edit Message

Can you login My Account using email?

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you can log back in to My Account, go to the Profile page, click Manage EverSafe id, and change the number to receive 2FA there

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profilehttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

Just perused this post and noticed that you display your full PM cell phone number - suggest that you delete this screenshot ASAP. You never know who's lurking among all these good countless community members.

El_Gato

Whe

@dust2dust wrote:

@El_Gato- Yes, the attached account phone number. For external, that can be any other non-Public number. But you can only use it once on any account. I "manage" 3 accounts. I used an external number on 1. I couldn't use that same number on another account. It would be nice if we could and I haven't looked for a couple weeks to see if that has changed.

When you say external number do you mean - for example a land line or any other number not linked to a PM Plan?  If that is so then what's the point of the EverSafe program that's supposed to monitor that kind of activity? Having multiple community accounts not linked to an active PM plan should be policed and deleted. Don't you agree?

Deleted

Thanks. I’m enduring all this  ha ha. Because I don’t want to lose my rewards account. It’s been more than 10! Days since I reported my issue to CS  and every reminder I sent is replied with “our engineers are working on it - be patient “. 
It just occurred to me that since the system has generated several accounts tied in to my plan number - maybe I’ll get several community participation rewards - 

Deleted

@dust2dust wrote:

@El_Gato- Yes, the attached account phone number. For external, that can be any other non-Public number. But you can only use it once on any account. I "manage" 3 accounts. I used an external number on 1. I couldn't use that same number on another account. It would be nice if we could and I haven't looked for a couple weeks to see if that has changed.

If one update an account with an external number wouldn't that unlink the PM plan number from the account? 

El_Gato

@dust2dust wrote:

Yes it's a useful feature. See look I can say something positive. It's still slow as molasses getting there.

You can use the number of the account or an external number - but only on one account.

Adding - @MetaMorpheusMob 

" use the number of the account or an external number"   - Please clarify - the number of the account --that is the plan's cell number --- and external number can be any other number?

Yes it's a useful feature. See look I can say something positive. It's still slow as molasses getting there.

You can use the number of the account or an external number - but only on one account.

Adding - @MetaMorpheusMob 

Deleted

No good news - you are lucky that your account works fine ---This situation has been on-going for more the 2 weeks-- the CS  and PM computer engineers are trying to help but are unable to resolve the problem. This is a classic --"if it aint broke why try to fix it"...... The good news is that my phone still works fine.

@Deleted I believe they are.  But just want to make sure the ticket will be kept opened and actively looked into

Keep us updated and give us good news 

Deleted

That would be unreasonable. They are doing their best to resolve my problem. 

@Deleted   push support to escalate the issue with Telus Engineers.    Message them every other day if not daily for update.  

Deleted

Support can’t do it - they have been working for many days trying to fix my situation .  I’m hanging in there because my account is still on the reward system and don’t want to lose it . Also I’m not able to delete my credit card from my account. What a mess - friends have opted to abandon their accounts — because the system won’t even allow one to close their own account. 

Deleted

You think you have problems??? Every time I log on it generates a new Community account. I have lost track out of how many and trouble selecting names. Past account names kontino. Konstaner. And now Again.  If I log out and try to login again it will ask me to set up yet another community account. Hey how can anyone trust this EverSafe app?????  Only a fool would put their bank or credit card on this system.  HOWEVER the system will not allow me to remove my financial info. Never had this problem with any account where removing your financial info was not possible.   Wow !!!!!

@seunghohwang   

so, you have never able to check My Account about your plan details, etc?

I think your situation is that PM EverSafe is not able to link your EverSafe id with My Account.  So, message support as advised above and they will manually link up the two together.  Remember to come back and let us know how it goes

seunghohwang

I changed from Manage EverSafeid to New Phone Number but still requires both new and old numbers to be checked

@seunghohwang   as @Old4 pointed out, updating the email on Manage EverSafe ID is not working, not sure if updating phone number is also a problem.  I think it is better to open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

seunghohwang

I can't see my plan.I don't understand double checking new and old phone number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@seunghohwang 

I would suggest you edit and remove your telephone number as this is public forum by clicking on the reverse V in circle unless you want a lot of spam calls!

Thanks @Old4   Please update us if you hear any news from agent

Old4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech wrote:

@Old4 

It could be just browser cache problem.  Please try to login My Account again using incognito mode Check if the email address was updated.  If not , try again

Reported these issues to PM CS but am told to be patient and that their engineers are working to solve these issues.

@Old4 

It could be just browser cache problem.  Please try to login My Account again using incognito mode Check if the email address was updated.  If not , try again

Old4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same here - I try to update my email - I do receive an email confirming the update - but it is wrong -- nothing gets updated . Cut and pasting below the FALSE confirmation email. ALSO of concern is that since this EverSafe system is glitching and obviously not flawless could it be easily compromised by scammers? Also tried in vain to remove my AutoPay credit card but found no option to do so.

Hi there,

The email address connected to your Public Mobile account has been changed. All future communications will be sent to this new address.

© Public Mobile. All rights reserved.

Secured by EverSafe™

@seunghohwang wrote:

I changed new number in the"Manage EverSafe".

But still ask for a double check as an old member

IS the old number set up as the alternate phone number @seunghohwang ? Not sure if this would matter or not.

And if you just changed the phone number, make sure you log out of My Account completely first, before logging back in. 

@El_Gato - why hasn't customer support been able to fix the problem? Message them again and check up on it, or ask for a supervisor.

Need Help? Let's chat.